Virginia Tech Tragedy Thread of Silence

Shiftfallout said:
nah, im not on your case, just the OPs. I see he keeps making threads asking peopel to be silent about it. Its kind of like asking someone to eat without food.

thats like a women sayin im gonna give you some twat never. lmao:cool:

Shiftfallout said:
Im honestly not sure why he posted at all... Think about it, its a forum.. forum is a place of discussion, whats the point of posting silence in a place where people communicate. Thats like going through a drive through and then pulling up to the window saying you want a double double with cheese, but not to make it.

and plus, my typing is fairly silent, dont you agree. This isnt voice chat, but posting for silence undermines the purpose of the forum.

i was trying to start a thread to show support. i chose that support to be in the form on silence. on the internet that would be "...."

the beauty of the digital age is that you can have a seemingly infinite amount of information in an easily accessible format. so in the case of creating a thread where i wish to show support with a given post type, it does not take anything away from the other threads, nor does it obscure them. if no one likes the idea and no one posts then so be it. i tried. but posting all about how you think its a stupid idea is pointless and egotistical. im glad that you want people to know what you think, but pm me about it if you don't like it. you are the one who is undermining things here, undermining my good natured attempt at showing support. but you harpooned it. i hope you feel good about it. i hope you feel great about letting everyone know that you think its dumb. good for you. i guess everyone knows whos boss around here, hm?

it speaks a lot about your character.

thanks.

jowii said:
i was trying to start a thread to show support. i chose that support to be in the form on silence. on the internet that would be "...."

the beauty of the digital age is that you can have a seemingly infinite amount of information in an easily accessible format. so in the case of creating a thread where i wish to show support with a given post type, it does not take anything away from the other threads, nor does it obscure them. if no one likes the idea and no one posts then so be it. i tried. but posting all about how you think its a stupid idea is pointless and egotistical. im glad that you want people to know what you think, but pm me about it if you don't like it. you are the one who is undermining things here, undermining my good natured attempt at showing support. but you harpooned it. i hope you feel good about it. i hope you feel great about letting everyone know that you think its dumb. good for you. i guess everyone knows whos boss around here, hm?

it speaks a lot about your character.

thanks.

Your good natured attempt? you mean the whole post about you whining about guns and countries and what not? Cmon be realistic here. How is "..." giving support in a forum? The moment of silence used in the real world is supposed to be a moment of PRAYER, but then we cant have that because some athiest might be offended. Geez, man im sorry but you killed your own post the moment you made this topic and started replying. Your actions do not show a good natured attempt, sorry.

Also there are some drug dealers that just deal some harmless pot or something which isn't ruining anyones lives.

so i take it you are supporting drugs ?

many lives have been ruined by pot
ask me how i know :smilewinkgrin:

GOD said:
so i take it you are supporting drugs ?

many lives have been ruined by pot
ask me how i know :smilewinkgrin:
I don't support drugs. I support peoples right to be able to choose what drugs they want to use. Also pot isn't very harmful or anything and isn't physically addictive. I would argue this but this thread is already way off topic and it doesn't need to be about drugs. I most likely know more about pot than you anyway. I know alot about pot. :cornut:

I made guns as well :ee5k:

footnote: you quoted me as saying "drugs are bad"
Did I say that ?

if you have a question then fine, you will however need to ask me your question again and when quoting i will require you to discover what the word quote means.
also how to use the correct punctuation to convey your question with quotes IE: " "

so in finishing when you say someone said something you must first use these little things " " and also they must of actually said it for you to claim that they did

:worship:

Last edited:
GOD said:
I made guns as well :ee5k:

footnote: you quoted me as saying "drugs are bad"
Did I say that ?

if you have a question then fine, you will however need to ask me your question again and when quoting i will require you to discover what the word quote means.
also how to use the correct punctuation to convey your question with quotes IE: " "

so in finishing when you say someone said something you must first use these little things " " and also they must of actually said it for you to claim that they did

:worship:
I didn't quote you. If I was quoting you then I would have used quotations or the quote feature. I know what quote means. I inferred from your previous statement that you are against drugs. Plus I'm pretty sure that you said in the thread I made about drugs that you were against them but that was a while ago so I may be mistaken. Well lets get back on topic since drugs have absolutely nothing to do with this shooting.

Shiftfallout said:
Your good natured attempt? you mean the whole post about you whining about guns and countries and what not? Cmon be realistic here. How is "..." giving support in a forum? The moment of silence used in the real world is supposed to be a moment of PRAYER, but then we cant have that because some athiest might be offended. Geez, man im sorry but you killed your own post the moment you made this topic and started replying. Your actions do not show a good natured attempt, sorry.

i completely acknowledge that this thread spiraled out of control. it happened well within the first few pages. i tried, as did many others, to bring it back to its original intent. but people like you wanted to instigate, call the idea dumb, etc. was i just going to sit back and not defend myself? no. i have dignity. go back and check. go through the thread and see what i have written before you assume my wrongdoing.

and despite what you have said, my actions, in fact, do show a good natured attempt. go back and check. ill wait.

also, please don't try to tell me what this thread was supposed to be, and that i ruined it, etc. it went out of control, i tried to save it, then i defended myself.

oh, and i also started a new one that is actually working. its respectful and profound, and i would like to thank those that are contributing.

Back