voice chat still might happen

I mentioned this many times in the past month. The question is which game will they implement voice chat? When will the feature be added? The only clue we have is within 2008.

The down side is in that same interview he said no online VC. At least for now. From a business perspective it would keep people from buying one VC game like Mario Kart, and living on it for whole years. The downside is people are now less likely to buy the 2 player games. He wants to maintain the integrity of VC, but the fact is features like X-band and Sega's online network existed in the SNES days. So in the long run it's only a mistake to ignore this feature. X-band had over a million owners during it's run, despite it's akward payment features.

sagema said:
I mentioned this many times in the past month. The question is which game will they implement voice chat? When will the feature be added? The only clue we have is within 2008.

The down side is in that same interview he said no online VC. At least for now. From a business perspective it would keep people from buying one VC game like Mario Kart, and living on it for whole years. The downside is people are now less likely to buy the 2 player games. He wants to maintain the integrity of VC, but the fact is features like X-band and Sega's online network existed in the SNES days. So in the long run it's only a mistake to ignore this feature. X-band had over a million owners during it's run, despite it's akward payment features.

I don't understand why people want online VC. the games are fine just the way they are (well, most). they don't need to be put online to play each other. Maybe a leaderboard of scores, but not to play online on Mario Kart 64.

And why would it hurt the sale of 2 player games? My nephew and I love playing two player VC games. I don't understand why companies are going away from split screen game play. Yeah, it makes your screen smaller, but you can play with people you are actually sitting next to, and trash talk is kept within the 2-6 feet between you and your buddy.

Multiplayer games are ment to bring people together, why should it be left strictly for online play now? that doesn't make sense.

Moose said:
Anytime. I got your back :yesnod::thumbsup:
haha great! To make sure you do I just gave you 1 rep :p :p

( just for the whole joke/situation :p )

All I can say about the voice chat is that I want 2 things:

MUTE BUTTON! Seriously! have you seen that halo movie where one guy named himself gayboy? All the reactions he got..........

2nd: Make it so it works with the older games. This would be nice but Ill be just as glad as we get a headset in one point in time

cyberzomby said:
haha great! To make sure you do I just gave you 1 rep :p :p

( just for the whole joke/situation :p )

All I can say about the voice chat is that I want 2 things:

MUTE BUTTON! Seriously! have you seen that halo movie where one guy named himself gayboy? All the reactions he got..........

2nd: Make it so it works with the older games. This would be nice but Ill be just as glad as we get a headset in one point in time

Haha, are you bribing me? ...I accept your bribe... :p

And yeah, i agree. Mute button is a MUST

Ok we arent getting voicechat, everyone knows this or just isnt accepting the fact

plus my next post is my 1000th. I dont know what to post it on.:lol:

Well you don't know that for sure. Anything is possible. saying that it will NEVER happen is pretty foolish.

It's just improbable it'll happen soon in this new year.

yeah but that wont happen.

Nintendo is using the same system on the DS and the DS has online capabilities for a long time now and still using the friend codes there.

Back