watching movies on wii

No problem I am glad that I could help you. You are absolutely right it really is the best console ever especially because it takes gaming to a whole new level.

n_d said:
Ah ha thank you 'andreask' for your help :) I will look further into that software. Wow isn't the Wii just simply amazing, best gaming system ever to date! :thumbsup:

creativescribe said:
My recommendation is downloading Orb http://www.orb.com on your PC. It lets you stream your music, videos, or see your photos via the Opera Browser. Works like a charm.

Brian

hey can you tell me more about this orb thing? i was reading info on it and it said you need a tv tuner card but i assume thats if you want to just put stuff directly to your tv without a wii or whatever.
and will it take a while to play a video on the wii because it has to upload to the wii right? which would mean it will take a while to watch them.
thanks

RyanSmall said:
hey can you tell me more about this orb thing? i was reading info on it and it said you need a tv tuner card but i assume thats if you want to just put stuff directly to your tv without a wii or whatever.
and will it take a while to play a video on the wii because it has to upload to the wii right? which would mean it will take a while to watch them.
thanks

When you install orb you turn your PC into a kind of media server that shares selected folders onto the net witch you can access via your wii's web browser. So it works almost as you say because you can log on to a web page on you wii and the it would make a connection to your pc via the Internet and download the video. If the video is too big or your Internet is not fast enough the yes you have to wait for it to load just like you would on youtube.

Back