Watching movies though the wii

andyd99

soon to be divorced
Aug 6, 2007
Staffs UK!!
Wii Online Code
6306-3523-3585-1505
Is there any kind of media player I can download, so that I can watch things like tv links through the wii online? There are plenty of websites out there to do it on a normal pc, so is it possible on the wii.I can watch movies on my normal tv then instead of my laptop, as i cannot connect that to my tv.

no can do..

the wii wont download things like additional media players...

remember the wii OS is made for wii stuff only, and i dont know how likely it is that nintendo would release something like this..

you can watch youtube online, but that isnt really movies and its using a built in flash player

You could also go to those sites because they all work on Wii.

There is no watching movies on the wii, unless you do it illegally off of a website. But, I have heard of people modding there wiis to make it play DVDs but, it requires screwing with the hardware.

Mojor Skittish said:
theres a romer of a wii dvd player, no confermation

^ horrible English....

Will it be a new version of the wii? Will it be wiiware that can be obtained through the shop channel? Or part of a future firmware release?

you could download ORB on you home computer and then stream movies music and pictures to you wii through the internet channel.

Is it only me or did everybody`s streaming went dead today? None of the sites above work, I only get a black screen instead of the video or an error message saying that a plugin is missing. They were fine yesterday though..? Any ideas?

I Could Understand People Doing This Kind Of Thing Back In The Day When Dvd Players Were Expensive But Dvd Player Dont Cost Much These Days.so Get A Dvd Player.its Not Worth The Risk.

how do i get tv links to work through the wii? i can get it on but when i pick something to watch the screen just goes black?????????????????

Back