water temple help please!

I'm stuck on the water temple as well. I finally had to use the walkthrough, but I seem to be too stupid to even follow the simple steps. It says I need to drop down from the room above to open the large chest (hopefully containing the big key), but I can't find any way of getting into the room above! Please help!

I'm a bit worried because the guide goes on to raise the water level, which is something I have already done. I suppose you are supposed to get the big key before raising the water level? As far as I can tell, there's no way to reverse the process so i think I may be stuck!

its fine you have to raise the water twice (once each side) where abouts are you at the mo? I'm guessing near the big key e.g. you can see it in the middle but can't get to it? let me know where you are and I'll help.

I've just finished the temple and I got stuck as well :D

Thanks, I think I have raised the water level twice. I'll double check. The middle room has the level raised to the height of the locked door - presumably the one I will gain access to when I finally get my hands on that big key!

ok well know the water is flowing go to the top level in teh staircase room and use the hookshot to activate the switch. the water will now be flowing down the stairs. follow the water to get to a room with lots of pillars and things. follow the path to the left...........hang on you've done that bit.......go back to that room to find that the cogs are now turning :D jump on them and head to the door to the west.....get the small key then go back and go through the other door, in the room with the boss key theres like a water way bit in three parts, follow it rounf until you find the bomb fish, next to him is a bombale bolder... blow that up then go though it..........DONT follow the tunnel instead look for another bombable rock, blow that up and go though it and up to the door. now your in a room with one of the bubble guys. kill/ignore him and look up. hookshot the target and lower yourself down. :D let me know if your still stuck :D

Back