We arent the only ones annoyed by wii shortages.....

zapasant

Where is your god now?
Aug 13, 2007
Canada
Wii Online Code
2887-9874-6238-6951
All of this talk about “Wii boredom” (mostly blamed on lack of games) and all of this talk about shortages of Wiis…guess what. They’re directly related. Who knew?

Game publisher Midway has come right out and said that they are holding back games due to Nintendo’s supply shortages. Maybe I’m mistaken, but I believe I read a similar story from a different developer not too long ago. Who this was eludes me right now, but it’s not surprising that game developers are starting to get as tired of these shortages as consumers are.

Something has to give here pretty soon. Demand is likely to plummet if no games are coming out. Don’t get me wrong. I know that there are still a bunch of games coming out for the Wii ,but if Midway’s attitude becomes too contagious, I think we will see the number of games coming out sharply decline and along with that, so will customer demand.

So the bottom line? Figure out a way to amp up that production, Nintendo! I have a hard time believing you don’t have the funds to make it happen.

I don't see demand going down at any rate.
Not yet anyways, and demand is the problem with the shortages.
Sure production could be better, but everyday there are more and more people that want Wii's.

And Midway's..kinda blah to me anyway.

Midway is just being a fag because about 13-20 million wii units have been sold so why not just release the damn games theire holding back because I dont see the demand going down anytime soon. I cant buy a wii because of its cost, (family has financial problems) shortage, and because game stores like EB games and game stop are abusing the price range. selling wii bundles and selling the console by it self for over $250 and its ****ed up. Nintendo doesnt want retailers selling the wii in bundles or the console by itself for over $250. Im hoping nintendo sues to make them stop because its really slimming up my chances of owning a wii.

ya, i agree with what CGAW said, Midway isnt the greatest, but since they are having a temper tantrum , could you imagine if other publishers did aswell,

tho i highly doubt it, due to the amazing wii sales

yup i agree with everyone here, im not worried that sales will drop just because midway is having a temper tantrum

non the less, thanks for info. REP!

well like i already mentioned, if other do follow in their footsteps then we will have less games, and less games mean less interest in the wii

For the holiday season I suggeest purchasing an extra Wii and putting it up on ebay. I did that last year, and the return from the Wii sold on ebay paid for my personal Wii and then some ;)

see the problem is not just the wii shortages if the thread creator will give you the whole article it tells you that nintendo is also having problems with the disks as well when i find the article ill post.

here is the full article: http://wii.qj.net/Midway-Games-says-Nintendo-a-victim-of-own-success/pg/49/aid/106679
Here is what they are really complaining about and now it explains all the delays in the games.

"Take note that the delays are not due to the development process of software but lies in the company's Wii disc manufacturing pipeline. Iribarren explained, "The Wii has been a victim of its own success. The demand for Wii game products has put a pretty big strain on Nintendo's production capacity, and that has in turn, for us, turned into longer lead times for some of our Wii products."

MY question is how will the wii stay on top if they cant meet demand for their products, and at the same time meet disk demands for developers?
Reggie has even recently been saying that they won't increase production on the wii system? thats funny if you have a high demand for things wouldn't that be all the reason to increase production?
This also has shown in the system, and software sales of the wii. For the last 4 months wii's lead has been dwindling away. Even in japan where the wii should be selling more, it has lost its 6-1 lead over sony and now is just 2-1, they say after the holiday season with sony's recent price drop that this is going to dwindle down even more.

Then you take into consideration the profit loss on the stocks because of this, then the 18 million and rising they spent on the wiimote jackets, they won't be sitting pretty for too long if they don't get it together

Last edited:
wait, "we arent the only ones annoyed by wii shortages"??!??!
last time i checked you all were BRAGGING about wii shortages!

Sovieto said:
wait, "we arent the only ones annoyed by wii shortages"??!??!
last time i checked you all were BRAGGING about wii shortages!
They have no since of buisness they think shortages is a good thing, yea that means a lot of people want your system but if you cant meet the demand they go elsewhere. Shortages are indeed a bad thing, microsoft learned this and thats why they increased production on their system and now there is no problems finding an 360. So why nintendo is basking in its glory of being on top for a minute, there are no wii's on store shelves so guess who is going to be getting all the buisness this holiday, yea thats right Microsoft and Sony

well, i quite frankly could give a rat's ass if there "IS" a shortage, because i already have a wii.

if there is one ill be worried, because we all know what happens to companies if the cant meet the standards of supply from demand......they fail misserably.......wich means less games....wich means i wasted my money when i bough the console

What kind of logic is Midway using? The Wii has sold over 13 million in less than one year, catching up with the 360, and it decides not to make games because of shortages? Oh give me a break. Now would be the time to START throwing support, not WITHHOLDING it. Maybe Midway doesn't like money or something. It's almost as bad as people wishing that the Wii would be a fad so they don't have to make Wii games.

As for the shortage, what's causing it is more about high consumer demand rather than Nintendo itself. I mean, Nintendo just sold 500k Wiis in last month's NPD with frikken Halo 3 out. In Japan, there are no shortages of Wiis actually. Nintendo pledged a couple of million more Wiis the rest of this year.

PS: Resident Evil 4 Wii is about to sell 1 million. Shortages have nothing to go with demands for games.

Im not even sure what you guys mean with shortage lol

When I was in germany even a clothes store with a tiny electronice department ( like 2 shelves ) had a wii there!!

And in holland almost all the electronic stores got a few in stock. So theres no shortage over here

Back