Weird thing happened to my Wii...

Zarogan

Official Metroid Breeder
Jan 26, 2007
Chile
Wii Online Code
5460-1571-7458-7185
I hadn't turned on my Wii in a while, and I got a message from a friend I had registered, so the blue led started glowing, nothing strange there. But when I turned my Wii on, the light kept glowing and the message didn't appear, so I thought "maybe I received a mii or something", so when I try to load the Mii Channel, my Wii freezes on the black screen while loading it. I turned my Wii off manually and tried again, but it froze the same way than before. Then I tried with all different channels, except the disc one, and it kept freezing everytime it went to the black screen, and it was after I finally inserted a disc, that the wii turned on perfectly and I could see the message. After that my wii operates just like always and I don't have any problem at all...

Any ideas of what may have caused it? Please don't tell me to call nintendo, my warranty already wore off, so there's no new wii for me.

Just for the hell of it, while your Wii is in standby mode, press the power button on the remote. Then right after hold the + and - buttons down. That will put you in maintenance mode, and see if you can access your Mii Channel now.

Did not know that ^^ Good find. (clicks mushroom). Aside from that, possibly repair if the above doesn't work. Sorry for the lack of help : /

Thanks a lot for your help (both of you), but as I stated above, my problem is already solved, I can play my Wii normally now, I just want to know if someone experienced something similar or if they know what may have caused it.

I'll try the maintenance mode if it ever happens again.

Oh, no. I never had the problem. However, my Wii acted up tonight after over a year. Maybe it was just something in there, or just a fluke.

Well sometimes it takes a while for me to get a message to appear when the light is showing, but I guess thats not the case for your situation.

All it was, is that you wii was lagging from receiving that message, I'm guessing it was having trouble uploading it, just take a little time when your on the Wii message board, because the only reason your wii should glow is because you have a message, that includes wii updates, contests and other stuff too. Don't worry about it man, your OK!

Hi,

I seem to have a weird problem with my wii too. Not the same as the above, but it has started to lock up when I play Carnival for a short time. The screen will go black and a weird screaching sound comes from the tv. The unit will not restart with the remote, but you can restart manually. After restart the unit is fine for sometime. Any suggestions? I only recently updated the firmware.

Thanks

Back