Well, we can move on now (MP3)

Spyro

Wii60
Jul 11, 2007
The game is already in the hands of several Wii owners (people who work at the stores have gotten it early illegally, duh) and no sign of online. It really is true, no online multiplayer for Metroid Prime 3.

I propose that all of us who said "I would have been sold if...multiplayer" go out and buy the game. It's going to be a great game afterall, and the sales will show Nintendo that maybe this game is worth a little more than what they marketed it to be. Perhaps this will be the push for them to release a multiplayer Metroid. I was going to buy Tiger Woods 08, but I think this game is worth more.

Sooo how about we put our angst aside and buy an awesome game and hope Nintendo answers our plea?

Well, I never second guessed the fact that this is going to be one of the best games of the year. The improvements from Metroid Prime and Prime 2 are quite extensive, so this game should be pretty mind blowing. Online multiplayer would have just been an add on that could prevent the game from sitting on the shelf between finishing it the first time and going through it again to attempt getting all the stuff. This game will be worth lots of hours, hopefully many Nintendo gamers will get as much enjoyment out of it as I plan to.

Someone needs to start an official petition (I dont know how) and say "Ok, Nintendo. We're buying this game to support this franchise, now we want multiplayer."

I would never sign it, metroid is not meant to be multiplayer. Their's enough online multiplayer out their for me that I don't need one of my favorite series to put in online multiplayer just to appease a few people.

Wait, what you should have said is "I won't sign it because only I and select few don't want it online unlike the REST of the world." Ah, that makes a bit more sence then eh?

it still has WiiConnect24 functionalities like downloading music and weapons, and also you can exchange stuff with friends from your roster..

Mingus said:
Wait, what you should have said is "I won't sign it because only I and select few don't want it online unlike the REST of the world." Ah, that makes a bit more sence then eh?

Well first off the "rest of the world" is a little stupid I think. The way I see it the only people who want metroid online is a small group of people that have never played any metroid and instantly expect ANY FPS released to the wii or any system to be online or they willl boycott the series entirely and say they hate the game without playing it. That makes "sence" to me.

Spyro said:
The game is already in the hands of several Wii owners (people who work at the stores have gotten it early illegally, duh) and no sign of online. It really is true, no online multiplayer for Metroid Prime 3.

QUOTE]

Duh....we already knew it didnt have online.....we debated about that 2 or 3 weeks ago

this thread is a waste of time, we all knew it was confirmed non multi so stop bitching, also any true metroid fan wouldnt want metroid to be online because thats not how its sposed to be, metroid has been developed for the true metroid fans, not for all of you who have played maybe MPH or no metroid at all and just hoped for an online FPS this soon, too bad people! fact is if it was online multi then there would be a whole bunch of noobs running round yelling ' TE metroid RuuulZZZ! not having played any other metroid games.

jesse1596 said:
Well first off the "rest of the world" is a little stupid I think. The way I see it the only people who want metroid online is a small group of people that have never played any metroid and instantly expect ANY FPS released to the wii or any system to be online or they willl boycott the series entirely and say they hate the game without playing it. That makes "sence" to me.
Thats not really true either lol ;)

Anyway, no it wont have online. Maybe as unlockable but dont count on it lol :p

I know metroid to a lot of you isnt the type of game it "should" be in, but I think it would be a perfect game to have multi-player in. The energy-beam action, visors, weapons etc etc.

Im still going to get it altough not on release date. This game is the first ever TRUE next-gen wii game. All other games until now where just souped up gamecube games.

I already moved on a long time ago when they already confirmed that MP3 will be Singleplayer only.

Anybody that still held out hope set themselves up for disappointment. We've known for a long while that it wasn't online. They would have been playing that up, at least when the preview channel game out at the latest. Some just refused to accept it.

this thread is a waste, Spyro its so obvious that you were just making this in a response to the "A Hope/Rant" thread. we know its not online you dont have to tell us, but idk what you were trying to get out of this thread cause the only thing you are guaranteed is an unnecessary argument. waste. of. time.

Metroid as an online multi player actually would be a good online game. It would be original just like the series is. It would be fun, and just so you know, you people ain't the only one whose kept up with the series. I've played every Metroid game beat almost all of them. Metroid is absolutely online material. But I have no intention of boycotting Metroid since I've already reserved and payed for the game. I'll have a great time playing the campaign as I always have. I just don't want to shelf the game after I'm finished.

Back