What anime are you watching at the moment?

Finished Lain. Some say it's like Evangelion because of it's sheer mind****ery.

It isn't.

Although it's sometimes "obtuse" it's actually very kind to it's audience. It's far less ambitious than Evangelion and so it's far less contradictory as a whole. It doesn't carry the same loathesome misanthropist air as Eva. It IS very disturbing, but not as... vicious. I found it's conclusion bittersweet, but rather uplifting.

It carries something of a spiritual message, but it's a refreshing aversion to the sexual tension Evangelion has. The end was at first dissapointing, but ultimately satisfying and beautiful.

Lain's a beautiful character.

I'm pretty easy to please though. =|

Last edited:
Just finished Gundam 00 S1. First half of the series was boring imo, but then it got intereseting. Especially the last 5 episodes or so...many baaaaw moments ._. But overall, I loved it♥♥

As well as the usual
Finishing Nodame Canabile Session 2
Then on to...............................................................?

I dont know.
Ghost Hunt is on my download list first so Ill give it a try

I didn't think much of A Contact, but that's to be expected from a film that tries to recap 38 episodes in an hour and a half. No matter, it's the legendary Be Invoked that I really want to see.

Be Invoked is 'that' legendary?

Last edited:
I didn't think much of A Contact, but that's to be expected from a film that tries to recap 38 episodes in an hour and a half. No matter, it's the legendary Be Invoked that I really want to see.

Be Invoked is 'that' legendary?
Well, it is one of the endings that earned Yoshiyuki Tomino his nickname, and it was notoriously violent for its time.

Hmmm... I don't think it aged quite THAT well.

Perhaps "Seinfeld is Unfunny" trope is in effect for me. :O

Well, I just watched the second one, and I've got to say, it wasn't really worth its hype. But then again, it does seem like a 'Seinfeld is unfunny' thing to me, it feels like I've just watched End of Evangelion again (except it makes slightly more sense).

So far the only good thing about Ghost hunt is its use of stereo sound.

Well, I just watched the second one, and I've got to say, it wasn't really worth its hype. But then again, it does seem like a 'Seinfeld is unfunny' thing to me, it feels like I've just watched End of Evangelion again (except it makes slightly more sense).

If you just listen to the final 20 minutes of End of Evangelion you'll see that it's rather straightforward. It just re-iterates that you shouldn't be self-alienating and self-pitying, right? The rest of the movie is just a quick fix for a plot they couldn't properly wrap up. It's amazing at first, but in retrospect I realize that a lot of it was buffer much akin to the TV series. They left in the ep. 25 credits for goodness sakes!

I do like some of the series' buffer, but End just got ridiculous. I "get" the idea behind many of the scenes which is why I think it was so redundant.

Perhaps I just lost the artistic appreciation, but I do like End. I just don't think it was quite the stuff of legends.

Be Invoked had more substance to me. It wasn't as watery. I liked it, but I never had the initial impression that came from End and so much of the magic was lost. Seinfeld is Unfunny strikes again.

Is the Tsundere-ness in Shakugan no Shana worth watching?

If you just listen to the final 20 minutes of End of Evangelion you'll see that it's rather straightforward. It just re-iterates that you shouldn't be self-alienating and self-pitying, right? The rest of the movie is just a quick fix for a plot they couldn't properly wrap up. It's amazing at first, but in retrospect I realize that a lot of it was buffer much akin to the TV series. They left in the ep. 25 credits for goodness sakes!

I do like some of the series' buffer, but End just got ridiculous. I "get" the idea behind many of the scenes which is why I think it was so redundant.
It's not that I don't get what happened, it's that I don't get how it happened.

What was with giant naked Rei? And the Rei ghosts? What exactly did SEELE hope to accomplish with Instrumentality? How does this tie in with episodes 25/26, if at all?

It doesn't help that those last 20 minutes are full of yet more boring introspection and pretentious postmodernism.

EDIT: Speaking of confusing, this week's Umineko was awesome.

So now Takano is involved as well?

But how does Battler intend to argue against the existence of magic after he just teleported into the room? Speaking of which... how did he do that? :crazy:

Last edited:
Back