Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

What are your thoughts on Red Steels New Video?

Discussion in 'Nintendo Wii Gaming' started by m7ticalm, Aug 24, 2006.

1. m7ticalm

m7ticalm WiiChat Member

Wii Friend Code: 0287-9971-6660-4138
    0287-9971-6660-4138
    Hey i so that new video of red steel from the LGC (if u havnt seen it go to www.redsteelgame.com and click on videos

Well, i thought it was horrible in comparison to the first one, when i saw the first one i fell in love with Red Steel but after this.....All i'll say is that its changing my thoughts i mean the shootings ok but WTF is the sword fighting about? The first videos sword fighting was the best thing i had ever seen, but this? Is this some kind of Joke? The guy who he fights looks like crappy graphics and why does his sword (the players) just come straight back to its original point?

Plz reply, especially to sword fighting bit

2. i0n

i0n :eek:

Yea i agree with the sword fighting, the latest official trailer did put a few doubts in my head.

The gun battle techniques and controls look pretty clean now, would hate to see the sword fighting let it down. I'd imagine it to play a small part in the game, it would be the safest bet from the developers point of view.

3. Squall7

Squall7 A li'l bit different

Wii Friend Code: 8420-0141-9022-6948
    8420-0141-9022-6948
    I liked the visual style. I liked the fact that the bulletholes shone light through better before he gets to the roof.

The sword fighting bit seemed a little clumsy, but still quite fun.

I'm just wondering what the other levels are going to be like, and if there's multiple paths through the game/levels...

4. m7ticalm

m7ticalm WiiChat Member

Wii Friend Code: 0287-9971-6660-4138
    0287-9971-6660-4138
    exactly my thoughts, to sum it up: Shooting was great but Swordfighting needs improvement

5. CadaveR (Ivo)

CadaveR (Ivo) WiiChat Member

This game means PURE DISSAPOINTMENT for me. The newest footages show a game that is, quite basically, the same great-possibility-that-was-ruined-by-it's-developers of always. The gameplay is SLOW and sloppy, the aiming looks very of the game, very beautiful - human-like precision - movements, colours, textures and everything). Putting it short: I'm VERY DISSAPOINTED with this game. I was expecting a hell of a lot more (like what they've promised me - and us) and "that" is was we gain??? For F***'s sake. Just compare with details what was first promised and what they're actually delivering! What abodifficult and SLOW!, the graphics barely improved with time - still way too far away from their promised/targered level (the one shown in the first OFFICIAL trailler ut the freehand movements!??? As a (possible) consumer, i'm quite pissed.

p.s. It looks like s*** because my PC fu*** with the order i gave to the sentences.

6. CadaveR (Ivo)

CadaveR (Ivo) WiiChat Member

1. The aiming is slow and unprecise;

2. The Graphics are sloppy, the textures are not as colourful as the first trailler, the details are less obvious;

3. The animation is too far away from what was first promised, it's (again!) sloppy, slow and definitely NOT human-like fluid;

4. Their marketing is way too exagerated and false (like the guy getting wet with water while blowing the fishs up - exactly while the "action" actually shown on screen is SLOW and UNinteresting!...);

That's all. Observe and tell me i'm wrong...

7. King Wiired

King Wiired HITLER ME JEZ

Wii Friend Code: 8756-4872-6334-8478
    8756-4872-6334-8478
    Exactly what I was about to say :D

8. MetroidZ

MetroidZ Only took 4 years to get1

Wii Friend Code: 1000-0000-0000-0000
    1000-0000-0000-0000
    i dont really care about sword fighting. so its great! :D

9. krypticos

krypticos WiiChat Member

ok... i just looked at the trailer.

what is everyone complaining about? maybe i'm missing something, but i dunno... did some parts seem a bit grainy? yeah. they did. that could be attributed to a poor transfer to the file format, or the file format itself.

this could also be footage from a month or two ago, when things weren't as polished. should that have been the case? no.. but sometimes marketing departments, and the executives that drive them, are morons. trust me, i know. i work in a marketing department.

there's no point in griping about a game until you can see the finished product. wait for it to release, read a review, and if you need to see for yourself, rent it. :) personally, i'm pretty pleased with what i saw. i'm looking forward to playing it.

10. Squall7

8420-0141-9022-6948
    The footage was pre-done. He wasn't actually playing it for real. I'm not surprised they got the timing slightly off.

I think it's more to do with the new "style". I think people complained about the graphics before, because they were too bold. I could play either way. As for the textures, I think you're right, that they haven't really improved all that much, but there's still some time to go before the final product.

I think this was only really noticable on the sword fighting part. I agree, they aren't quite there. I prefered the movements from the original trailer, so hopefully they'll either revert back to that or they will implement a better system for it. I like the idea of "Rag-doll Physics". Anyone know if it's being implented into Red Steel?

I laughed at the guy getting wet. I think it was designed to show how emersed one can get in the game. Although I have to say, I found it relatively exciting. Ok, so it was mainly one-on-one battles, but hey, it's still good.

I won't say you're wrong, but I will say that I think you're being too hard on it. As somebody who only liked the game after seeing the first trailer, I wasn't expecting much, but it perked my interest. Though I can see where you're coming from.

#10 Squall7, Aug 24, 2006
    Last edited: Aug 24, 2006
  11. Wii Believe

Wii Believe WiiChat Member

i trust them, i was just dissapointed with the lines of the sword....

PUT SOME BLOOD IN INSTEAD

and ragdoll would be sweet, otherwise as with all wii games, we will have to see it played to judge it correctly

12. JeffHardyFollower

JeffHardyFollower WiiChat Member

I think the video looked good.

The one problem I have with it is that the opponents looked like they were cut out and pasted on. It just didn't look right.

But I can definitely get over that, especially if the gameplay is great :)

13. nic7

nic7 Wiichat Member

Wii Friend Code: 8853-1952-9704-6115
    8853-1952-9704-6115
    i personally think it looks fine, not better than the first one, not worse

14. slurba

slurba WiiChat Member

Wii Friend Code: 3890-0148-4172-8586
    3890-0148-4172-8586
    Does anyone notice that it looks really hard to aim with the remote...?

Everytime I see a person playing they shoot crazy all over the place never hitting the enemies.

15. in touch with the wii

in touch with the wii prez , you suck :p

Wii Friend Code: 5767-9309-0719-3080
    5767-9309-0719-3080
    i thought it was good

16. Jamma

Jamma The Master ?!?!?!?!!?!?!?

It looks cool

17. Mcclane

Mcclane WiiChat Member

I expected this too be sort of a wii fan board but can't say I see much of it. You have to realise that the first trailer was simply much better and much more interesting then the first one. This had nothing to do with the game itself but with the trailer.

The graphics are much better at several parts and I don't think they will get much better, not sure what everybody here is expecting from the wii but they ain't gonna reach xbox360 or ps3 graphics.

You can't really judge how smooth the aiming system is cause the guy is not really playing, it's just some actor who does a bad job for the camara. I think we will only know how good it is when we'll actually play it.

They already confirmed that the sword fighting will be 1:1 so it will be nothing like what that trailer shows. Might've been better to just leave it out of the trailer if they aren't gonna implement it in that way but that's their choice. Sword fighting should be more like what everyone is expecting, which is you controlling the sword instead of just triggering moves.

This game is so much dependend on the controller that I think no one will really know how fun it is untill you pick up the controller. I'm not up-to-date with the story in the game but if they make that interesting enough I will surely buy this game, that is unless Far Cry somehow impresses me more. I want to try out a FPS for the wii as soon as possible.

18. Sovieto

Sovieto Banned

im not getting this game because theres no blood, im against the against-blood-"EVERYONE"-game even though the majority of the people in the world ARENT kids so they can enjoy/handle/aww at blood.
    nintendo trying to take down its Kitty-Title?
    Yah, and im running for president

at any rate try out CoD3, if i get more multiplayer details it will probaly be my buy for the FPS

19. Squall7

8420-0141-9022-6948
    Well, to be fair, Goldeneye had a lack of blood (apart from the person going a bit red), and the multiplayer made that game. Maybe we'll see a similar thing with Red Steel...

...Well, one can hope...

20. ....wiiiiiii.....

....wiiiiiii..... WiiChat Member

Wii Friend Code: 5312-7293-3513-9932
    5312-7293-3513-9932
    i thought them movies were quite good but the movies officially made by nintendo or ubisoft seem alot better than the ones at e3 or other random gameplay trailers... so i think that maybe there trying to make i alot better than it is so ime NOT getting this game until ive played it.