what is the cave of ordeans

ha, i had to dig this up from a previous post, here ya go

the cave of ordeals is in gerudo desert and it opens up once you warp the missing piece of the bridge of eldin back to is spot, the cave features 50 levels of increasingly challenging enemies, the first room of the the last room has only a few weak enemies, while the 49th features 3 darknuts(the big sword wielding, armor plated warriors).The 50th room ofthe cave of ordeals holds the great fairy, while in the cave you meet the fairy every ten levels and she asks you if you wanna leave, she also restores one spring(ordona, lanyaru, etc.) with fairies every ten levels, on the 50th level she gives you a bottle of great fairy tears(you can also get one bottle of these from jovani) great fairy tears restore all your health and turn you golden giving you a temporary attack strength boost, once you beat the cave, you can summon the great fairy at any spring in hyrule and the great fairy will refill your bottle(s) with fairy tears, the cave took me along time but it was definitely worth it. I hope this helps

oh, and a post like this deserves some rep right?

Last edited:
hey stranger explained it good... except the fairy doesnt heal you ... so bring fairies with you... and yes you can re do it over and over as many times as you like

Yep, that's true. I'd recommend bringing some gold chu jelly. if you know where to find it. also, in some rooms like the leever room, there are hearts buried there. there a big help. also, if you scoop up any purple chus in the cave, they will always reduce your health to a quarter heart. I'd recommend to go for the blue or gold ones before they fuse into purple chus.

i don't know if anyone else noticed but in the last floor where the fairy gives you the tears, the postman is there :p (check before you jump) i don't think he has a purpose there. he just tells you that he's lost..

the cave is a good place to enhace your skills :) and have fun just like in the WW

Its not Cave of Ordeans, its Cave of Orleans! as in New Orleans!

i got up to the cave with the red, bluie, and black giant guard peoples taht attack you and you have to knock there amopur off (cave 39). Also if i choose to leave the place by using the great fairy do i pop back up where i started?
And when i drank a purple chu jelly (bc i had 2 hearts left) it gave me a heart

When I played it I got all the way up to level 49 and I killed two darknuts but then I died....:sad:
I was so mad:mad2:

Okay so can someone PLEASE tell me whats the LAST ENEMY you have to face before defeating the Cave of Ordeals? I just want to know how close or not so close I was to finishing the damn thing. The last opponents I fought before dying were the 2 flying birds from the Sky Temple and an Armoured Knight. It was impossible since I had 2 hearts and no health packs. And I was so pissed off cuz I thought I was really close to the end.

Back