What is the strongest Pokemon?

LetItRock

King member
Feb 13, 2009
Wii Online Code
1736-2837-6739-2385
Wondering what you think is the strongest legendary and non-legendary Poemon.

Legendary - Dialga
Non- Legendary - Garchomp

Smeargle.

Werd. Smeargle owns all non-legends. :p

For a legendary, it depends on what you mean by strong.. I'd definatly go with..... Palkia. So few counters, so much ferocity in the rain. Even it's counters are shaky, as it can still smash them. Life Orb Palkia ftw(in the sun too, just not as powerful).

Mew is versatile, but certainly not strongest. Also, in terms of stats...

HP: Blissey

Attack: Deoxys-A

Defense: Shuckle

Sp. Atk: Deoxys-A

Sp. Def: Shuckle

Speed: Deoxys-S

Base Stat Total: Arceus @ 720(BWAHAHAHAH!)

the strongest normal pokemon would be glaceon or umbreon and legandary would be lugia or jirachi

Well, technically, I already have by a competitive point. Palkia literally has the fewest counters of any legendary in the game, aside from RBY Mewtwo, which was just broken.

Smeargle also has no counter since it learns every single move. STAB explosion hurts(not terribly badly, but it hurts man), it gets spore, it gets baton pass to get out of trouble, so on and so on. It can also fill any support role. Fake out support, suiciding(Destiny bond, explosion), endeavoring, status, and ofcourse baton pass. Smeargle is the very reason a great baton pass team is unstoppable once they start their strategy.

And now, for the sake of correcting everyone's non-expert opinion(lol), here comes the analysis'.

the strongest normal pokemon would be glaceon or umbreon and legandary would be lugia or jirachi

Glaceon has a terrible movepool, and it's defenses aren't all that impressive. Ice is a terrible defensive type, and many pokes go over it's maxed Sp. atk, which is 394(many non legends reach 405). Glaceon is simply UU, it's a poor pokemon(..which I hate very much, Glaceon is badass after all).

Umbreon has impressive defenses, but pure dark typing isn't all that useful defensively. Heracross, Lucario, and other bug/fighting types rip him up, and fighting is a common move as is. His movepool is average too, and he has no way of hitting an enemy back - he's set up fodder. He's a good mixed wall, but there are better.

Lugia.. Perhaps the greatest wall in the game. He is not, however, the strongest attacker - he is infact one of the weakest. In terms of defenses, the great guardian needs no explanation. He isn't the best physical(or special)wall though, Giratina is. He comes in close second though, definatly.

Jirachi.. I lol. His stats are 328 max all around. He can only support effectively, and his offensive/sweeping sets are gimmicky. They can work, but they don't have all that much use. He isn't too useful defensively either, Bronzong overshadows Jirachi completely.

Smeargle.
Mew.

Huzzah for Smeargle! :D Mew? Nah.. He is the best baton passer though, I'll give him that much. 328 stats max all around, but a much better movepool than Jirachi(duh). Aside from other support means, he's got little as an uber though.

Legendary - Palkia

Non Legendary - Dragonite or Tyranitar.

Palkia wins. :p Dragonite and Tyranitar, both are definatly very strong. Both are very monstrous, although Salamence is better than Dragonite. Tyranitar has a 4x fighting weakness though, and his attack maxs at 403, 2 away from the common max of 405. In terms of attack stat, Rampardos wins at 471(although Tyranitar is just plain better). Tyranitar is perhaps one of the strongest sweepers though.. But when 4x weaknesses don't matter, Gyarados wins big time. Gyara or TTar, or even Salamence still aren't the best though.

Wondering what you think is the strongest legendary and non-legendary Poemon.

Legendary - Dialga
Non- Legendary - Garchomp

Dialga is certainly very strong, but doesn't have as good of an offensive typing as Palkia(steel is a terrible offensive move type), and doesn't function in the rain or sun with double STAB on any move. Palkia is simply better - Dialga is probably the best tank around though. He's the hardest hitting wall around, even if he's not the absolute sturdiest. Hence, he may be the best tank, but Palkia is the best attacker.

Garchomp is certainly scary. A unique speed stat sets him above the rest of the dragon/slower sweepers, and his small movepool combines to make a predictable, but absolutely scary sweeper. Swords Dance pumps up his max 394 attack to scary heights for a non-legend, and his STAB on ground moves(EQ)makes him a frightening force. Combine with sandstorm in the form of Tyranitar or Hippowdon, and he's got a free double evasion boost.

He was banned for a reason - he is no doubt, the best non-legendary sweeper. The only way to counter him truthfully is an ice move - which he can stop with a Yache berry and continue to sweep. You might even miss in a sandstorm.. In terms of sweeping, Garchomp wins this one.

Non-Legendary: Hmm... Well, I'd say something like Garchomp or... Tyrantiar... I don't know.

Legendary: Arceus. It can be any type, have almost any move, and base stats are epic.

It should be noted thet even though Shuckle has the highest defense stats, his other stats are laughable.

Isn't Shuckle's base attack 10 or something? ..Or was that Blissey's? I'll agree with his other stats being laughable though - including HP.

Arceus does have the highest base stat total, in that area, he wins. In diversity, he also beats Smeargle and Mew in terms of usable options too. While Arceus isn't the most potent in a single catergory, he's the most potent in terms of unpredictability and variety.

Trick room, power trick shuckle.....

Actually the one I've wanted to do....
Gengar-Scarf-Trick Room
Lickylicky-Band-Explosion

Back