What is the strongest Pokemon?

No thread revivel.:nono:. Ugh...i wish the auto thread lock was on this site.

To a certain degree, so do I...

I've said it a thousand times and I'll say it again: there's no reason people should be denied the right to post in an old thread. The awesome face post was spam and I reported it, but otherwise? Yeah no reason to not post here.

Now I am partial to Mewtwo personally, simply because he's the original legendary Pokemon. Everyone made after him was created just to copy him, specifically the 3 psychic legendaries in the Sinnoh region...which is ironic since he's a clone. However I always feel a pain of anger when I see Ash's Charizard lose to anybody as I used to always say he was the strongest, and still say he's the coolest.

And S.S. said exactly why I'm sort of in between on the matter of auto-locking threads. Denying people the right to revive threads for a good reason, just to stop n00bs from being idiots in only one of their 1000 ways, is hardly a good trade off.

Well, the Lake Trio of Sinnoh were copying Mew in terms of characteristics, not Mewtwo to be specific, but... >.>

Arceus, as I've said over and over. If he can create the entire universe, he can get rid of it, too. A god is a god, after all.

strongest pokemon (did not read the post only the title). A lot of different pokemon wield different advantages. But Arceus is my favorite..

I've said it a thousand times and I'll say it again: there's no reason people should be denied the right to post in an old thread. The awesome face post was spam and I reported it, but otherwise? Yeah no reason to not post here.

Now I am partial to Mewtwo personally, simply because he's the original legendary Pokemon. Everyone made after him was created just to copy him, specifically the 3 psychic legendaries in the Sinnoh region...which is ironic since he's a clone. However I always feel a pain of anger when I see Ash's Charizard lose to anybody as I used to always say he was the strongest, and still say he's the coolest.

Well if youve said it that many times, havent you relized im not a good listener.:p.

In my memory of playing pokemon...i thought it was Mew.:lol:..thats like one of the only rare pokemon i know. Also, HO-HO my personal favorite, dont know why.

strongest pokemon (did not read the post only the title). A lot of different pokemon wield different advantages. But Arceus is my favorite..

In other words...

there is no strongest Pokemon, because x < y in every case

But there's also to consider...

Wuddle's note of pokemon being an X<Y<Z<X sort of game is 100% true, the question then remains, who can be more durable against what group of the largest group, that is to say, basic game theory, and then why we have a metagame.

Well if youve said it that many times, havent you relized im not a good listener.:p.

In my memory of playing pokemon...i thought it was Mew.:lol:..thats like one of the only rare pokemon i know. Also, HO-HO my personal favorite, dont know why.

That, or you havn't been around long enough. =P

Back in Red, Blue, and Yellow (RBY), Mew was definatly the second strongest in the game, but nothing held a candle to Mewtwo. That's just plain obvious.

Ho-Oh's actually one of the most abysmal legendary pokemon that have naturally high stats (i.e., uber pokemon). It's high attack (it was much higher than special attack) in the days of Gold and Silver (GSC) was completely unused since Flying was a shite offensive type, and Fire used the special attack stat, not physical attack. The same was true in the Ruby and Sapphire (RSE) generation, but atleast it got an item to increase it's attack by 1.5, so even though it had no good moves that're the same type as it, it could still hit hard.

Ho-Oh's much better nowadays, though. While it's huge weakness to rock gets it murdered by the ever-common move Stealth Rock (after the move is used, thanks to a rock weakness, Ho-Oh loses 50% of it's HP every time it switches in), it gets physical fire moves now, and with that, Sunny Day support to boost it's strength even further. It's still not the best uber pokemon, but it's amazing when compared to the first game it came out in.

ARCEUS?

Back