What is the strongest Pokemon?

@Strype-Supper batton pas HOOOOOO!

yes I am the banned guy my banned accounts are way bigger than the undertakers WM streak :p

off-topic

@ tailsMclouds what do u mean with "batton pas HOOOOOO!" just a qustion

I was actually just thinking earlier, what pokes would make FANTASTIC baton pass men.....
And a murkrow...would totally be worth receiving the mass of pass to rock out for the epic winzors

Responding to your PM in a moment FOXXY....

dang im bored tonight...my mmo's way way down till 11 EST....I might have to find something else to play tongiht...maybe the strongbad adventure game chapter 2

man looking forward to the new DSi release...did a MASSIVE trade in of old advance games and stuff to afford it, me thinks with the DS store, it will be worth haveing (AND with the SD card slot? means it will quickly become haxx0r fodder and will have some epic hackery done soon...)

Ok, to respark the new Strongest pokemon conversation...............

I'm going to go out on a limb and say, in all seriousness
Jirachi

man looking forward to the new DSi release...did a MASSIVE trade in of old advance games and stuff to afford it, me thinks with the DS store, it will be worth haveing (AND with the SD card slot? means it will quickly become haxx0r fodder and will have some epic hackery done soon...)

Tell us how it is, yeah? I'm not all that interested in it, but I could easily trade in my (crappy) black DS and a bunch of (crappy) games. It would be nice, since it covers a wide range of (somewhat situational) things, like being a mock-MP3 player.

I'm going to go out on a limb and say, in all seriousness
Jirachi

Jirachi? ... ... ... (insert hysterical laughing here)

Jirachi can stand straight in both ubers, and OU, making a reasonable stand, in both environments.

Arceus it is not.
Mewtwo? Nein.
But this side of garchomp, Jirachi has an amazeing kill count and tons of power

What type of weed you smokin?
Give me some! Ill be a pkmn master getting high with magic pokemon weed...

fly, fly high...
no I dont wanna go to some stupid town.

Lastwords, don't mock Strype in such a way, he is correct. :p Jirachi can function in ubers, and obviously has staying power in OU. Too bad he gets slaughtered by the big hitters of ubers, i.e. Groudon, Kyogre, Palkia, etc. The fact he's weak to fire means Groudon leads are his bane, and the fact he doesn't resist water means even on a rain team (which he should be, 100% accurate thunder w/ 60% paralysis rate) an enemy water type can demolish him.

So no, Jirachi is not the best. He's certainly a good poke, though.

If you notice, all my arguments for strong pokes, are in verstility, and flexabilty.
Jirachi in OU, well, lets say this, on the TU forums, I have a bit of a joke

Best Jirachi @ Good Item
Good Nature
Decent IV spread
move
move
move
move

as its hard to screw up a rachi...to too badly

In support of Jirachi, I'll go ahead and throw down some more notable things about it-

-TrickRachi is apparently a nifty way to run with it.
-Just it's overall typing coupled with it's defenses. Goes hand in hand with steel types.
-Strong support moves (Dual Screen / Wish / Rain Dance / Toxic / Thunderwave [No one uses anyways, but it's there])

Although there is no strongest Pokemon, because x < y in every case, but the solid movepool Jirachi offfers, the ability to either hit on the physical/special side, and strong defenses make it quite the heavy contender.

That, and wuddle knows how much I rock out with rachi....

In my mind, the awesome quotient = Epic Win / Fail

And Jirachi has a verry high awesome quotient...
Im calling this the McClaine factor...

Wuddle's note of pokemon being an X<Y<Z<X sort of game is 100% true, the question then remains, who can be more durable against what group of the largest group, that is to say, basic game theory, and then why we have a metagame.

Jirachi for example was a poke who, saw a large decrease in use when its biggest threat, garchomp, was prevalent, with the lack of threat, increase.
Oddly, one of the biggest threats and walls to standard rachi, is oddly snorelax, who can easly kill, and block the rachi...however the plat tutors do change things alot...

Side note, with the plat tutors available, Azelf has become a lot more powerfull, as the options increased, and its over all Epic win stat has shot up dramaticly,

Last edited:
No thread revivel.:nono:. Ugh...i wish the auto thread lock was on this site.

No thread revivel.:nono:. Ugh...i wish the auto thread lock was on this site.

I've said it a thousand times and I'll say it again: there's no reason people should be denied the right to post in an old thread. The awesome face post was spam and I reported it, but otherwise? Yeah no reason to not post here.

Now I am partial to Mewtwo personally, simply because he's the original legendary Pokemon. Everyone made after him was created just to copy him, specifically the 3 psychic legendaries in the Sinnoh region...which is ironic since he's a clone. However I always feel a pain of anger when I see Ash's Charizard lose to anybody as I used to always say he was the strongest, and still say he's the coolest.

Back