What The Hell Is That Button On The Classic Controller!

Mrjonnydz

WiiChat Member
Dec 12, 2006
Alreeet!

Ive got a question that has been grating on me for months! The button on the classic controller. On the top, in the middle. I have no idea what the hell its purpose is. Ive tried pressing it in various games, wii menu, shop channel etc...

What bugs me is that nintendo wouldn't design and produce a pad with a button that does nothing - it has to do something!!!

Anyone got any theorys, please let me in on it

Jon
Hull
England

Take it easy

I'm almost positive that it's for attaching accessories that change the shape of the controller. When you press down on it, you'll notice that it creates two spaces on the back of the controller. You're then going to put something in there. I think it might be like something that changes the controller into the shape of an N64 controller or something. Anyway, it moves those two panels on the back, that's all I know for sure.

This has been questioned on the site ever since photos of the controller were released, don't think anyones actually said what it's for though.. most likely for attachments like Valley said.

we do know what its for, and you're retarding for thinking it does something in a game. don't mean to be mean, but when it opens up a hole on the back of the controller, that means its not a regular button. its obviously going to be used for some sort of attachment. You'd also be wise to notice it doesn't have a letter on it...

you hook the flux capacitor to those holes, DONT MESS W/ IT!!!! if it breaks, and you try to regulate the time we could be sucked into a transdimensional rift!!!!!

im just confused as to why they put the cable at the bottom of the controller and not the top. any theories?

thats also the reply to my question as to why the cable is at the bottom. haha cool i didnt know you could do that.

krayon said:
im just confused as to why they put the cable at the bottom of the controller and not the top. any theories?

I'd imagine if you have the wiimote in your lap or next to you, it's better situated there.

That never dawned on me, this is nice to know. It seems very few stones were left unturned with this white contraption and its many accessories.

Back