What the Wii needs to be truly successful

The Wii is the most successful gaming console as today.. beating 360 and PS3.

Improvements:

Better game online play (with no wii friend codes, check NBA LIVE 08 for Wii, that is the way it should be done)

High Definition (if it is possible with the current hardware)

3rd party developers to start taking the Wii seriously

highroller said:
The Wii is the most successful gaming console as today.. beating 360 and PS3.

Improvements:

Better game online play (with no wii friend codes, check NBA LIVE 08 for Wii, that is the way it should be done)

High Definition (if it is possible with the current hardware)

3rd party developers to start taking the Wii seriously

Ya i own a Torque SDK from Garagegames and they are releasing an SDK for the Wii for Torque soon.... i plan on getting it... but not just to code/port games, but to exploit, btw for any noobs out there, yes you have to code will an sdk, its not like modding, there is no drag n drop.... so many noobs...

Spyro said:
USB hard drives FTW. That alone would open up a buttload more options. Movies, more VC room, DLC space, music, backup saves, DEMO'S, etc.

EDIT: An Xbox 360 doesn't replace a Wii. I have both because they are too different...but the Wii can't keep up with what it has right now. So no, the OP getting a 360 is not a solution.

Actually not..Think a bout us saving the same game saves in the HDD we would have to delete one right?

It would much more intelligent to add more saving slots to games and also to let us put names to our saves so that then they won't be identical and we can have for example three different saves of the same game but with the different names added.

i already got a 360, but i still like my wii better and im not saying the wii should turn into the 360 just improve on wat it has

lol, sounds like a 360 as many people have said, but I like the idea of the harddrive and the Nintendo should add more movie formats. The only problem with the wii for me is the third party support and how developers become really sloppy. The nintendo announced it would be offering help to developers on using the wiii to its full potential so its all good

Jsheehan1942 said:
i already got a 360, but i still like my wii better and im not saying the wii should turn into the 360 just improve on wat it has

Yup nintendo could improve some stuff and is not that difficult to give out cause they could just update the firmware and that's it...Cause if the wii already reads usb then just enable the ability to read the HDD.

Jsheehan1942 said:

yes you are. 90% of what you listed is already in the 360...and your saying it should be in the Wii. so basically yes you are saying you want it to be a 360. kill yoself!

I agree with most of what you said OP. I think online is the one thing that needs a revamp. Mic and friend codes are great tools.

JCpackers05 said:
yes you are. 90% of what you listed is already in the 360...and your saying it should be in the Wii. so basically yes you are saying you want it to be a 360. kill yoself!

Noob! you dont understand nothing. if the wii becomes sorta like the 360 then it will become unstopable havent you people thought that. if it has an online community like xbox live (called Wii online, offering the samethings like live except you cant view movies or tv show in highdef. and wifi standards will be ditch in exchange for playing with lan cables.), a hardrive or compatibility with usb ones( of course formatted to wii's standards, imagine using a 500HDD usb hardrive that only cost like $110), Headset with IM capabillities.

First things first.
Wii is already successful, the title should be how to make the Wii even more successful or remain successful.

What it needs to do that is a headset.
Continuing to bring out the hits, bring out the new franchises and have more 3rd party support.

There is no need for gamertags :lol:

I rarely hear more Fanboyism "Plug my ears la la la la Im not listening" than I do on these boards.

I like all of the items proposed by the op. The fact that some of you say to just get a 360 or ps3 is pathetic. The "limited" (see very limited) functionality of the save and online function of the wii IS NOT WHAT MAKES IT A Wii.

Headsets - That would be fun too, but I myself never really used this feature. (I can usually only game when the kids go to bed, and then cannot make much noise. And I dont need my two and five year old chatting on wii)

And Online Co-op games, or at least multiplay, would be wonderfull. I know this is a developer thing more than a wii thing, but PLEASE. I would love some good net-multiplay, even in wii bowling or golf.

Its the games, and the controllers. Thats what makes it a wii. These majorly needed improvements will not make this fun little toy any "less Wii Like"

Not liking the improvements is an opinion that many of you have, and power too you. You may have good reasons for it (that I do not see) but to spout off that it will turn the wii into a 360 is just dumb (yes I said it).

As for Multiplay on the VC. This would be great and very doable. Infact it has been done (Not in VC however) but on the emulation scene. I will not go into it further as It probably is prohibated here. But since netplay is available for SNES games already, why not give it to us here.

As for gamertags..... call them MiiTags, and boom. No longer sounds like 360. But the current system is limiting.

Media Channel - I know nothing about if this is possable, but I really like the Idea. Be able to stream content from my PC to my Wii would be sweet.

LordArchantos said:
The Wii already has a usb keyboard support, using it in games is up to the developers afaik.

Sshado:

Don't blame the Wii itself nor Nintendo about the small number of save slots/profiles in games (except of course in Nintendo's own games), it's not a limitation in the system, it's up to the developers how many save slots/profiles a game has (MK:A can have 7 profiles, haven't tested what's the limit in Red Steel if there is one). I agree that being able to have more than one copy of the same game's save on an SD-card simultaneously would be great.

Now I just laughed at this. Thanks for making my day. No, having more than one copy of the game's save file isn't great, the concept was invented and put to use back many years ago.. As I refer to Ps2 and its 99 slot capabilities. SD cards are like little autistic memory cards. They server zero purpose in the way of MEMORY cards for save games at the moment, seeing as a memory card doesn't extend your save game capabilities. Disgusting.

Thing with friend codes, it was a genius idea.
Sure it protects the "kiddies" as many love saying.

Bigger picture is this.
To play games online with friends, you both need the codes after you buy the games. Thats it right there, buying the games to get codes to go online, we may hate it, but clearly Nintendo doesn't.

Plus not everyone is on a Wii forum like ourselves, so getting codes can be tiresome.

didnt read all the comments so i dont know if its been said, but.

The wii does not need any of that stuff to be successfull, i mean god look how successfull it is already.

but to be a truly great console thats what it needs.

as for people saying make it a wii60, well thats a good thing, though im would prefer a PSWii but thats me.

wii needs good online, and More FPS's and well eyah less party games, dont stop them alltogether, as they are great get drunk with mates games, but not as many,

and hell 1 thing to make it truly great, no more, i mean no more, game like WARIOWARE that **** should be wiped of the face of the earth

Back