What will the next Xbox be called?

The Plague... nice username, but it fits the next xbox even better.
Xbox plague...best to avoid it.

And another thing, it wont be 720. 360 is a revolution, so 720 would be two revolutions, and two revolutions cancel each other out (if you think about it, gamecube+revolution=wii, wii+revolution=gamecube), making it the original xbox. So maybe they will name it xbox swing, as its going to be an xbox with motion control! now why would they do such a thing:shifty:

Meh, probably X-box ______ insert important word. I personally don't think they will keep the angle names, as already mentioned, they would get huge. Also, the 360 back in the day was named to reinforce the wireless aspect (in hindsight, kinda useless). They will name it whatever will emphasize the new feature.

w00t, first serious post here....

yeah, i think if the 360 continues in its nice path, they will go with xbox 720/1080. But if it finishes last, its nice to start of a new chain unrelated to the bad product. But my guess is for xbox 1080.

nic7 said:
yeah, i think if the 360 continues in its nice path, they will go with xbox 720/1080. But if it finishes last, its nice to start of a new chain unrelated to the bad product. But my guess is for xbox 1080.
if it was 1080 that would fit in with a nice little campaign of all their games running in 1080p
just a thought :D

Halo 720 they will eventually just drop Xbox realizing that you don't but Halo 3 for Xbox 360 you buy Xbox 360 for Halo 3

My thoughts:

Xbox 540/Xbox 720
Xbox 3
Xbox Ultra (they used Elite and Premium, so Ultra kinda fits in there)
Nex-Box? (After all it is a nex-gen console!)
Xbox Vista
Xbox Orbit (Why not? they used 360 and revolution?)
Xbox Eclipse(^^same thing, another space-related type of name!)

And yea, please don't come in here with fanboy posts/negative comments towards Microsoft!

The Plague said:
My thoughts:

Xbox 540/Xbox 720
Xbox 3
Xbox Ultra (they used Elite and Premium, so Ultra kinda fits in there)
Nex-Box? (After all it is a nex-gen console!)
Xbox Vista
Xbox Orbit (Why not? they used 360 and revolution?)
Xbox Eclipse(^^same thing, another space-related type of name!)

And yea, please don't come in here with fanboy posts/negative comments towards Microsoft!
i like eclipse, all though it dosent sound likley
but for some reason xbox vista sounds likely, since the 2 are becoming so in-sync together

Back