Whats with all the short games?

A lot of games nowadays seem to be very short. I thought MP3 was too short with an average completion time of between 12-20 hours (took me 16)but i will replay it after a couple of weeks. Halo 3 is supposed to have an average completion time of 6 hours which is horrible for a $70 game although the multiplayer will keep people busy for ages. Likewise Bioshock (around 10-15 hours) and Heavenly Sword (reportedly 6 hours) are far too short for what you pay for them.

I rate The Godfather very highly on the Wii despite it not being as flashy as those games because it can offer up to 40 hours of gameplay (with great controls too). I paid $40 for it so at $1 an hour of gameplay i think it was great value.

Quality games are great but not if you can complete them in an afternoon.

raisinghelen said:
A lot of games nowadays seem to be very short. I thought MP3 was too short with an average completion time of between 12-20 hours (took me 16)but i will replay it after a couple of weeks. Halo 3 is supposed to have an average completion time of 6 hours which is horrible for a $70 game although the multiplayer will keep people busy for ages. Likewise Bioshock (around 10-15 hours) and Heavenly Sword (reportedly 6 hours) are far too short for what you pay for them.

I rate The Godfather very highly on the Wii despite it not being as flashy as those games because it can offer up to 40 hours of gameplay (with great controls too). I paid $40 for it so at $1 an hour of gameplay i think it was great value.

Quality games are great but not if you can complete them in an afternoon.
suddenly not having a 360 doesn't seem so bad :lol:

yeah i liked the godfather that lasted me a while.

Back