Whats your favorite game developer?

Konami (Metal Gear Solid series),Nintendo (Mario,DK,Metroid,Pokemon,and Zelda titles, and Electronic Arts.(Time Splitters series)

Wamoo said:
Konami (Metal Gear Solid series),Nintendo (Mario,DK,Metroid,Pokemon,and Zelda titles, and Electronic Arts.(Time Splitters series)

EA is the publisher, not developer.

Time Splitters is developed by Free Radical Design

Eidos Interactive Published TimeSplitters and TimeSplitters 2

nintendo all the way i mean link mario luigi DK metroid prime(i think) i mean major points for those franchises

nintendo for sure. they were the reason i bought the wii. second would probably be capcom or EA.

T3kNi9e said:
EA is the publisher, not developer.

Time Splitters is developed by Free Radical Design

Eidos Interactive Published TimeSplitters and TimeSplitters 2

Ooooh my bad.

flight1991 said:
I got to say EA, them in general make alot of sports games and they made Metal of Honor Heroes 2 :) my all time favorite
......wow.....

*throws up*

christ.

Capcom and Nintendo

RE4 Wii Edition, Resident Evil Umbrella Chronicles and Super Mario Galaxy
were marvelous

EA
only for Medal of Honor Heroes 2 which is excellent and one of a kind

Last edited:
Nintendo, Blizzard, and Rockstar. Also, Bethesda.

As the years go by I get more and more pissed off at an EA game than any other, mainly due to the fact that they all seem the same. Every time I've rented an EA game for Wii I would feel like my money went to waste. I did like The Godfather and Tiger Woods for the Wii, but not enough to actually buy them. Originality is just simply not a strong trait for Electronic Arts. Although, they do have some terrific games for other consoles and PC/Mac, i.e. The Sims.

As far as originality and gameplay goes, Nintendo takes the prize every time. But that's a no brainer. And I won't waste time justifying my opinion.

I've been a fan of Blizzard for almost ten years now, mainly for the reason being, they have stuck with only three different stories (Warcraft, Starcraft, and Diablo) and have improved them to the point where yr real life may simply be put on pause for at least a few years. I was that way with Starcraft and the original Warcrafts, not so much Diablo, but played it for a long time nonetheless, and almost lost reality completely with WoW. And, uh-oh, Starcraft II is almost here. To me, Blizzard is on the cusp of perfection for original stories, fantastic gameplay and style.

Rockstar is one of my favorites I think mainly because of: a) controversy and b) they will make and publish games with subject matter no other company would dare go into to, i.e. the most current: Manhunt 2 (which really isn't bad at all). Honestly though, they still havn't released a game that has completely shocked the hell out of me, but with the MPAA in their way, a lot is stopping them. I'm a fan of pretty much all the games all the way down to original GTA, which was awesome at that moment in time where you couldn't really find a game with content like that. I'm pretty sure I've played all their games. Even, their take on table tennis, which was quite fun, but very limited. I unlocked everything in two nights, which was great, but arm definately paid for it. My favorites though would have to be GTA: Vice City and Manhunt.

There only needs to be one reason to like, or love Bethesda and that is this: The Elder Scrolls. I'm not going to say much because those of you who know what I'm talking about should understand completely. How many hrs did you play Morrowind?

And one final one, an honorable mention: Lionhead Studios. They're the creators of Black & White and Fable. I absolutely loved those games. Although Fable was short, I didn't care. I have plenty of games that will take me a lifetime to play. Fable will always be in my top ten. When it came out a few years ago, I rented it, played it for about and hour and then I took it back, only to go back into the game section and buy it. I was mesmerized for some reason and remained that way for a while. Black and White had primarily the same effect on me, but in a different way; instead of being a young lad in a small town turned ferocious hero/tyrant, I was playing god. And not in a Sims/SimCity kind of way, but in a god kind of way. Black and White wanted you to feel like a god and it did. Bottom line, those two games alone had me completely torn away from reality, and thank the cosmics those games weren't very long, but I believe that was their intentions in the first place; short and sweet.

intr.up.td said:
Nintendo, Blizzard, and Rockstar. Also, Bethesda.

As the years go by I get more and more pissed off at an EA game than any other, mainly due to the fact that they all seem the same. Every time I've rented an EA game for Wii I would feel like my money went to waste. I did like The Godfather and Tiger Woods for the Wii, but not enough to actually buy them. Originality is just simply not a strong trait for Electronic Arts. Although, they do have some terrific games for other consoles and PC/Mac, i.e. The Sims.

As far as originality and gameplay goes, Nintendo takes the prize every time. But that's a no brainer. And I won't waste time justifying my opinion.

I've been a fan of Blizzard for almost ten years now, mainly for the reason being, they have stuck with only three different stories (Warcraft, Starcraft, and Diablo) and have improved them to the point where yr real life may simply be put on pause for at least a few years. I was that way with Starcraft and the original Warcrafts, not so much Diablo, but played it for a long time nonetheless, and almost lost reality completely with WoW. And, uh-oh, Starcraft II is almost here. To me, Blizzard is on the cusp of perfection for original stories, fantastic gameplay and style.

Rockstar is one of my favorites I think mainly because of: a) controversy and b) they will make and publish games with subject matter no other company would dare go into to, i.e. the most current: Manhunt 2 (which really isn't bad at all). Honestly though, they still havn't released a game that has completely shocked the hell out of me, but with the MPAA in their way, a lot is stopping them. I'm a fan of pretty much all the games all the way down to original GTA, which was awesome at that moment in time where you couldn't really find a game with content like that. I'm pretty sure I've played all their games. Even, their take on table tennis, which was quite fun, but very limited. I unlocked everything in two nights, which was great, but arm definately paid for it. My favorites though would have to be GTA: Vice City and Manhunt.

There only needs to be one reason to like, or love Bethesda and that is this: The Elder Scrolls. I'm not going to say much because those of you who know what I'm talking about should understand completely. How many hrs did you play Morrowind?

And one final one, an honorable mention: Lionhead Studios. They're the creators of Black & White and Fable. I absolutely loved those games. Although Fable was short, I didn't care. I have plenty of games that will take me a lifetime to play. Fable will always be in my top ten. When it came out a few years ago, I rented it, played it for about and hour and then I took it back, only to go back into the game section and buy it. I was mesmerized for some reason and remained that way for a while. Black and White had primarily the same effect on me, but in a different way; instead of being a young lad in a small town turned ferocious hero/tyrant, I was playing god. And not in a Sims/SimCity kind of way, but in a god kind of way. Black and White wanted you to feel like a god and it did. Bottom line, those two games alone had me completely torn away from reality, and thank the cosmics those games weren't very long, but I believe that was their intentions in the first place; short and sweet.

I agree with everything you said on Blizzard/Rockstar/Bethesda

I myself have literally put about 8 years (started at age 12, im now 20) total in Blizzard games alone. War2, War3, StarCraft, Diablo, Diablo 2. But not WoW :p I dont like MMORPG. I will probably end up playing StarCraft II alot.

I myself clocked over 100 hours in 1 playthrough on Oblivion. Best RPG Ive ever played.

Back