when is ps4 coming?

10 years?? is that how long it will work or how long it take to get rid of it?

as said in the when will the next xbox come out thread, the usual cycle for a new system is around 6 years (since the NES) so you can expect the next system wars to start again in six years.

Lol!

If the PS4 was the same as the PS3 only $300 cheaper, I'd buy it. I hope the PS4 doesn't cost more than the PS3. I don't care if the PS4 can run MS word. $1000 is still a $1000.

rwhit_2007 said:
As much as I love the Wii, I still wanted to see the PS3 become a hit (as well as the Xbox 360 - which obviously is so far).

If it wasn't for the PS2 and Xbox doing so well in the past (and blowing away the Gamecube in most areas), I'm not sure Nintendo would have done as well with the Wii. Competition forces innovation or kicks losers out of the market. The more the competition progresses, the more Nintendo has to progress too.

The last thing I would want to see is Sony and Microsoft to fold because Nintendo would not have as much incentive to keep doing bigger and better things with their stuff.
To be fair, I think it was a change in command that gave way to innovation. Yamauchi was a little dogmatic from what I read. It was Iwata that really gave Nintendo its kick into next gear. Also Reggie gave Nintendo a friendly face in the US.

Back