Where's the Metroid love?

Ronald: I whole-heartedly agree. If this game was online I would be standing outside the store the day the game came out. Now that it doesnt I'll probably get around to buying it in a year or two...

i think its sad that you guys arent excited for the game only cause it didnt have online, and the sad part is, i bet if there was never any hype for the possibility of this game being online, then you would be getting it

Metroid doesn't need online and based off the multi-player in echoes it def doesn't need that. I'm glad they chose to concentrate solely on the single player aspect. Just means it'll be that much better. Also, all the prime games have been extremely fun to play and extremely boring to watch someone play IMO. I think the backtracking of Metroid games is great, having to go through every bit of an area really helps the environment and atmosphere flesh out. I'd much rather it be like that than constant action and linear traveling, that just wouldn't be metroid. I'm incredibly excited for this game but won't be able to play it for a while, so I'm trying not to think about it. I wouldn't be surprised if this is the best one player game for wii. I also wouldn't be surprised if it sets the bar for what FPS can and should be on the wii, then all other FPS's will follow the formula, which is exciting in in itself.

^You think MP3 is going to beat SMG in the race for best 1P game?

I HIGHLY doubt it.

s9am_me said:
Even Nintendo isn't giving MP3 any love. Check out the website, its not even listed yet! (3 weeks away from release!)

www.metroid.com

IGN even wrote an article about the missing hype: http://wii.ign.com/articles/811/811682p1.html

I was actually going to post that article but you beat me to it. I completly agree with it, I'm a huge metroid fan and I have already put my $$$ for a pre-order. It's one of the main reasons I bought a wii in the first place.

I have not played a metriod game but if it is mostly walking around I don't know if I will buy it. Like most people I agree if there was online I would buy it for sure. There isn't even split screen. I don't understand why there are people who don't want online. If you don't want to play online no one is telling you to. Play the single player only. I personally would like to play both.

The reason I'm glad it has only single player is because it means they just spent that much more time working on it, not being distracted by multiplayer or online efforts. Plus if it's the only thing the game offers you know the developer is going to view it as important. As opposed to some developers who will realize they have a half-assed game so they throw on online capability and mulitplayer and hope something works.

Online was never even officially confirmed or denied until a few months ago. It was just all hype. Metroid Prime 2 had a multiplayer function and it sucked. Metroid Prime 3 is going to be an awesome game with a huge amount of gameplay. Not enough action? What's that about? Have you seen some of the gameplay videos? All the major game sites are saying that it grabs you and never lets go till the very end.

ive never said that im happy theres no online and only single player, what i said, is that its pathetic that people are gonna miss out on one of the best games for the Wii only because it doesnt have online capabilities.......

s9am_me said:
Even Nintendo isn't giving MP3 any love. ....

IGN even wrote an article about the missing hype: http://wii.ign.com/articles/811/811682p1.html

Although there have been lots of posters interested in the game here, Nintendo's ignoring the game is pretty unforgivable. There are things I wish were in it, but even without them, it's the most hardcore effort on the system. And while SSBB (months away) gets tons of love and Wii Fit (6+ months away?) gets headlined at E3, Metroid (3 weeks) gets nothing so far. More Nintendo hates metroid commentary

They've got the perfect system, and a really screwed up attitude.

jesse1596 said:
I was actually going to post that article but you beat me to it. I completly agree with it, I'm a huge metroid fan and I have already put my $$$ for a pre-order. It's one of the main reasons I bought a wii in the first place.

Your odds of getting another Metroid on the Wii go up with every dollar it makes. By stifling attention and advertising, Nintendo is making your future prospects bleak.

For someone like me, who's interested, but on the fence about whether the game itself will be worth the money, it's all the more reason not to buy the game. Why get it and risk falling in love with it if Nintendo isn't going to support it? If I know it'll be the last time in a console generation I get to play the franchise?

Between this and Harrison telling gamers who like aggressive online play to get a different system, Nintendo may as well sign non-aggression pacts with Sony and Microsoft, and hang out signs in front that say "Dogs and hardcore developers not welcome".

Last edited:
I love The Prime games even the second one. I also cant wait to play this newest game. Metroid games are always great games and i have been a fan ever since uper Metroid came out. But, thats what i long for another 2D Metroid game we all know those are the best. If Nintendo announces that then i am sure the hype will be huge but as of right now Prime is awesome we all know its going to be great we are just patiently waiting for it.

Back