Which Game is Better?

Ramhorns

WiiChat Member
Nov 19, 2007
Hi

I have an xbox 360 & a Wii.

I am currently playing Oblivion GOTY on the 360.

But I am wondering if the Wii game: Zelda Twilight Princess is better (in terms of puzzles things to do, maybe a little shorter than Oblivion GOTY)?

Oblivion is getting a little boring as its SOOOO long...

Please only respond if you have both games.

Thanks!

I wouldn't say TP sucks. It definitely beats Wind Waker, and compares to Ocarina of Time. Anything around Ocarina has potential. Now if Zelda is better than Oblivion (puzzle-wise), I would have to argue that Oblivion is more of a puzzle, role-playing game, while Zelda is more combat puzzle. My personal favorite is Zelda, but this might be because I havn't bought Oblivion, and I've only played my friends. If you enjoy puzzles, I think Oblivion would be the way to go.

ok, i dont know if i should respond, ive played oblivion abd i own tp, so dont get mad...please. i say tp is the best zelda game ive played, oblivion is fun, but i still liked zelda more.

this seems like a slightly odd question to me...kind of because these are 2 pretty different games

Oblivion - I own and love Morrowind and i have played Oblivion extensively at my friends house, we've essentaially played through it together and I have to say it is a fantastic game. Oblivion is one of the best Role Playing games I have probably ever played. It is very immersive and extremely interactive at the point of which you can literally do what you want how you want when you want. Rather than exploring vastly different dungeons and widening your arsenal of weapons and tools to tackle obstacles it has you focus on your interactions with people and how you think you should grow as the player.

Twilight Princess - This may be slightly biased on my opinion here mainly because I love the LoZ series and have played through and beaten just about every game (except for the Philips CD-i ones and like a few handheld ones.) If you have ever played a Zelda game you should kno wat to expect here: vastly varied and different dungeons, lots of weapons to use in different situations and to explore the world in different ways.

Differences

Viewpoint: Oblivion is first person with a 3rd person view as alternate and Zelda is third person only

Graphics: TP may be one of the best looking Wii games, especially for a launch title but Oblivions is simply spectacular

Conecept: Like I said if you have ever played a LoZ game you know what to expect. Talk to person...go to dungeon...get special weapon...kill boss...repeat. Oblivion is much more open ended i every way.

"Puzzles": LoZ is famous for its expertly crafted dungeons and the difficulty that they present. Unlike alot of games there is no "difficulty" setting, the game is made how it is made and its great. Oblivion is like i've said, more open ended.

Since you already own Oblivion i dont see why this is such a hard choice, just go buy zelda and keep oblivion and play both? But if you want to go trade in Oblivion dont bc trade in values are horrible, save money and buy zelda later.

i wouldnt go that far. I would say Zelda: Twilight princess is longer than oblivion because everything is in one quest in zelda and you have one mission but in Oblivion:GOTY edition you have multiple quests and they are short so i would definetly say: The Legend Of Zelda: Twilight Princess. As i have experienced a lot of games.

wiimaster2006 said:
i wouldnt go that far. I would say Zelda: Twilight princess is longer than oblivion because everything is in one quest in zelda and you have one mission but in Oblivion:GOTY edition you have multiple quests and they are short so i would definetly say: The Legend Of Zelda: Twilight Princess. As i have experienced a lot of games.

thats exactly why Oblivion is an overall longer expereience that can be taken multiple different ways. in TP there is one single quest a linear experience that has the same outcome every time you play it. oblivion on the other hand has a "main" quest by which you complete occompanied by multiple side quests and branch offs as well as other adventures extraneous to the rest of the game. not to mention the ability to play it differently every time (different spells, weapons, specialties etc.) while TP can take a while to complete 100% as in get all hearts, find all the bugs, etc...that does not make it a longer game. overall oblivion IS a longer game with better replay value in my opinion.

personally which game did i enjoy more? TP. i love zelda and every new adventure is a must play for me.

Back