Which game to get??? (for specific purpose)

sharukh

WiiChat Member
Nov 4, 2007
:crazy:
Hello people,
So I am planning on giving a wii game to a family member for christmas, but I want to give something that can be played by everyone.. like wii sports. It shouldn't be too complicated but still fun to play. My cousin's dad loves bowling and tennis on wii sports. So if anyone know of suitable game for whole family, please let me know. Any kind of puzzle of board game would work too. Oh and good 2 player game would be ideal :D
Thanks a lot!!

Mario & Sonic is good for a party game where most anyone can play and has a Wii Sports type of appeal.

Super Monkey Ball: Banana Blitz seems fun too. Easy control scheme, multiplayer, and fun :). I had the GC version though, but the Wii version has decent reviews.

^^^ hmm.. Mario & Sonic at the Olympic games looks good.. I think I will get that. Anyone thinks that's a bad idea?

The wife is on the phone and I can't sleep, so I'll post again :p

If your cousin and cousin's dad are novice video gamers, e.g. "Ok, there's only two main buttons for this game? Great!", then M&S is a good fit. I used to play PC FPS like crazy back in college, but I really like the social aspect that these 'noob' party games offer. Some specific things about M&S:

- some games are boring and/or the controls are kludgy. Fencing is fun for about 5 min and then it's boring. The controls are a little too simple for me.
- some games are super awesome, especially in groups. Hammer throw is fun. The control scheme is super easy and the learning curve isn't that bad. The trampoline is one of my wife's favorites, go figure. For groups, my friends LOVE rowing for some reason.

My only caveat is that M&S has not been played since I've had friends over back during Thanksgiving. It's been nothing but GHIII for my wife and I and MOHH2 when it's just me. M&S can get old for more experienced gamers when it's just single player. However, if family gaming time is the goal then M&S is a good choice IMO. Again, lol :).

Back