Which one's the better?

Well, RTMs can be detonated faster than proxies can be set, and 2-3 people using proxies gets old as xplosive said, but they can still watch my back better than most other players. Even if the proxie doesn't get anyone the pause people take to check or shoot it is enough to get a kill or at least let you know someone is coming. What I do sometimes when I use proxies is to try to kill as many people as I can before they manage to get to it, that makes it a little more interesting to me.

When you're in a competitive game though (like a clan war) everyone is more conservative. And Proxies are normally banned anyway. So everyone uses RTMs and players use them like a tube (throwing both of them really fast when they spawn in 'common' player areas). And the best RTM throwers normally get the better scores in wars, so I would practice with RTMs on your gun and run class. And I would argue RTMs are better than Proxies if you're gunning and running.

When you're in a competitive game though (like a clan war) everyone is more conservative. And Proxies are normally banned anyway. So everyone uses RTMs and players use them like a tube (throwing both of them really fast when they spawn in 'common' player areas). And the best RTM throwers normally get the better scores in wars, so I would practice with RTMs on your gun and run class. And I would argue RTMs are better than Proxies if you're gunning and running.

Proxies are more of a ''Hide And Seek'' kind of grenade in my opinion. You just throw them at a hinge of a door or even a corner in a hallway and people just run into them. On the other hand, RTM's are a ''Tactical'' grenade so you can just throw them at anytime at a person or at something then just detonate it when a enemy is near it. Also RTM's are good for when your in a sticky situation like when your being surrounded by 2 -3 enemies. You can just throw it at them whereas Proxies don't.

For me proxies got old really fast. I just don't think that they are as fun as RTM's.

I actually think Proxies are fun to since you can hide them :). But yeah RTM's are fun to :D.

Good point made earlier by Zanapher about killing people while they are trying to destroy a mine - happens a lot!

I remember when i used to stop to destroy mines back when i first started playing. I would always misjudge the distance and kill myself.:) Nowadays I really don't care that much, stopping to throw a grenade or moving slowly usually gets you killed anyway, I only do those if I'm sure there's a proxy right around the corner.

RTMs are the best when you know where the enemy is, or is going to be. Heroes are especially easy to kill with a perfectly thrown and triggered RTM. Its almost too easy... BB is good for RTMs if youre on MI6 becuase you know that's where the enemy is heading and you do significant damage to the box too.

Proxies are new to me... Ive been using RTMs for so long, which are usually reserved for hero kills, I forget I have them most of the time. They do help you hold an area and even if the enemy spots them or survives you get a bit of a warning because the report is so distinct.

Both proxies and RTMs are fun when using the "mines on other player's backs" technique. This is useful in team formats for getting multi-kills, and fun as heck in conflict. My personal fave is sneaking up behind an unwitting Pavlov-user who is focusing down their scope, and placing a mine on their back. Then I fire a single shot to get their attention. Then once they turn around, BOOM! LOL Nothing like looking your enemy square in the eye before detonating them. :thumbsup:

...and don't make me re-post the "ILOVE NOOBS" GE video again...LOL too funny

With RTM's sometimes i place them in high traffic areas, then run off and do my thing. Sometime later i detonate it(without line of sight and at random), the amount of times you can get someone like this will surprise you.

With RTM's sometimes i place them in high traffic areas, then run off and do my thing. Sometime later i detonate it(without line of sight and at random), the amount of times you can get someone like this will surprise you.

In your case, RTM means RANDOM TRIGGER MINE :thumbsup:

Back