Which should I get?

Niwa

WiiChat Member
Aug 6, 2007
California, USA
I have 900 points left and am debating between The Legend of Zelda, Zelda II: The Adventures of Link, Ninja Gaiden, Super Mario Bros, Super Mario Bros 2, Super Castlevania IV, and Shining Force. Any suggestions/reccomendations would be nice. :)

Thanks,

Niwa

Exactly, Super Mario 2 is very challenging but very engaging as well, which makes it the better buy. You'll spend more of your time trying to beat it. It's very good, and even has 4 playable characters, Mario, Luigi, Toad & Princess, each with their own abilities. It's very good, IMHO the 2nd best of all the mario games. Mario 3 just dominates.

The Legend of Zelda and Super Mario Bros. It's hard to go wrong with these classics...plus why play the games further along in the series before playing the first ones? If you have never played the first Zelda, you definitely should; if you have, it should be in your collection. Zelda 2 is a difficult game, way harder than Super Mario 2. Never was too big on the others on your list, but Ninja Gaiden a little back in the day; seem to remember it being really difficult too. But as far as that goes, these older games are pretty much all much more difficult in this day and age. Again though, you should really like the first Zelda and Super Mario Bros; they are still just about my absolute favorites.

All of these games are well known so get Shining force I have it it is very good

They are all good games so thats a hard one to answer. It all depends on what kind of game you are really looking to get....rpg or side scrolling?

Before I start replying, I would like to thank everyone here very much for replying to my topic. I really appreciate the suggestions. :)

Judging from the replys, it sounds like Shining Force and Ninja Gaiden should go on hold for now. I honestly have just been considering them because I read some pretty good reviews on IGN and VC-Reviews.
I've played a little bit of Castlevania here and there and really like the games. Going around killing ghouls and vampires. Such fun. I was weary about Super Castlevania IV because there's a timer in the upper corner which usually means it's fairly short and that I could fly through it in one go. The music is really nice though.

Then we come back to the main ones I've been thinking about, the first Mario and Zelda games. If I had to choose between them, even though I do like Mario more, I think that Zelda would be a longer game. Even though I've never really tried much of the first Super Mario, I'm fairly certain that it wouldn't be much of a challenge. Though don't get me wrong, I love the Mario games. I'll just wait a little longer to get it and instead stick with the first Zelda while leaving 400 points for later use. =)

Thanks again to everyone for their suggestions and comments. Hopefully if I get stuck in another dilemma like this in the future, I can count on WiiChat for help. ^^

you never played super mario? what!?

dont worry about the timer in Castlevania~ The game gets pretty tuff besides you can breeze through mario in 20mins or less. not worth 5 bucks seeing you can buy the original cart for 10cents~ lol

You should purchase Zelda 2 instead of one~ honestly. its a way better game.

opitekk said:
you never played super mario? what!?

dont worry about the timer in Castlevania~ The game gets pretty tuff besides you can breeze through mario in 20mins or less. not worth 5 bucks seeing you can buy the original cart for 10cents~ lol

You should purchase Zelda 2 instead of one~ honestly. its a way better game.

I know. Even though I really like the Mario games, the first one I played was Super Mario World 2 (I think that's the correct title, it was for Gameboy pocket). I'll pick it up eventually though.

I know I'll be getting both Zelda games eventually, so I might as well start off with number one followed by two later.

Damn, Nintendo really should let you buy points in 100 increments. ^^

Back