Which Sonic Game for Gamecube is the Best?

LevesqueIsKing

An Instant Classic
Apr 4, 2007
Wii Online Code
0000-0000-0000-0000
Yeah, so I've never played a sonic game before. *ducks and covers*

I was wondering which game is the best for gamecube. From what I've seen, there are two different compilations (I dont want a 3D one, I want one with a bunch of 2D's). There is the Sonic Mega Collection with 7 games and the Sonic Gems Collection with 9 games. Common sense tells me to buy Sonic Gems but I just wanted to make sure that I was making the right decision, seeing as they both got the exact same score on IGN (7.5). Anyone have either of these games?

Sonic has sucked since Sonic 3D Blast.

A great example of a franchise that should've died a while ago.

I applaud for you interest in retroness! I'd suggest buying a Genesis and the cartridges before anything else, but I know how hard that can be. Don't pass up the chance to play a 2-D Sonic! It's a great game. Sonic 1,2, and 3 are awesome. If you get the chance, try Sonic Spinball too. When your'e done beating those, I'd suggest Sonic Adventure 1, and 2, originally for the Dreamcast. But you can find them for Gamecube, there basically the only good 3-D Sonic games.

If you wanna go real old school and get the first Sonic (which is very good and hard to beat, but this comes from somebody who grew up with it), then go with Sonic Mega Collection. This one has 1, 2, 3 and a few others. Sonic Gems is known as Sonic Mega Collection 2, it has the more recent games when Sega started with the polygon and 3D graphics. If you want the best of both worlds you gotta eventually get both, and therefore you might as well play them in chronological order.

^Oh alright, so the two collection's dont have overlapping games?

Might as well get both then :wink:

*REPPED*

*ahem*
Heres the lowdown

Mega collections has the originals, some good Sonic Comic content, and a few other games (Flicky, Ristar)

Gems collections has the Sonic game voted *best Sonic game ever* by almost everyone, Sonic CD. Now along with CD, you get some other less-known games in Sonic Championship (fighters) Sonic R, and some others that are some good SEGA games. Honestly I forgot what extra content gems collection has in it, but I wasnt disapointed.
Now, when/if you get one/both of these, LIK, you have to unlock some games, so PM me whenever you get them, and i'll tell you how, (can't be arsed to post it now) or you can always use the internet:sick:

LIK said:
*ducks and covers*
:lol:

^Hey thanks man, I appreciate it. I'll probably get both of them, but it won't be for a while.

Meh, can't rep.

Meh, don't care about rep, but thanks anyway.
Try Sonic 2 on vc
[shamelessboasting]Tell me how fast you can beat it and i'll shatter it[/shamelessboasting]

^Haha, I wouldn't doubt that, Fox.

BTW you might want to consider putting those quotes in a spoiler.

Wrap everything you want in the spoiler in [?spoiler][/spoiler] (take the question mark out of the first tag, I just did that because otherwise it would become a spoiler) tags. I think the icon has a '?' on the button, you can highlight the stuff and then click that.

I would say go with the first one for the retro feel and to see sonics roots.
It has some good 2d games, like a previous poster mentioned 1,2,3 etc. Extra content is ok.

Sonic Gems has some good games on it, including Sonic CD. It is a little different from what your looking for but it is a good compilation.

For your spoiler, just press the spoiler button and in side the tags place the quote tags and inside them paste the words you have quoted.

Back