who is the best swordsmen in ssbb?

I don't see the big deal with Meta Knight. :S

Marth will be the best, and always will be for me. Then it is ike, and if Luigi had a sword, he would own anyone and everyone. I'm not into making long posts about stuff, so I am done now. :)

:wtf: when the hell sonic learned how to use a sword huh? :confused:

Well, then again, in Sonic and the Black Knight, he learned how to use a sword. But, he doesn't use it in brawl, so you can't say he's a swordsman..:yesnod:

well he can pick up a beam sword in ssbb, can't he? anyone can be a swordsman, most just won't be any good

I don't see the big deal with Meta Knight. :S

And if Luigi had a sword, he would own anyone and everyone. :)

Oh yeah.A person with good taste.Yes luigi would own with a sword.

Last edited:
Obviously is Marth.
Marth is ONLY character that only uses his sword in every move (except grabs).
You may say that Toon Link uses his sword too but he also uses projectiles.
Metaknight might be the best character with a sword but not the best swordmaster :nono:

*cue hilarious laughing here*

[video=youtube;pfI9MxNmdR4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pfI9MxNmdR4[/video]

Isn't Link at the bottom of the tier list, now? He's one of the worst characters in the game, if not the worst. I don't need a statement to support this, it's common knowledge among pros. =P

Obviously is Marth.
Metaknight might be the best character with a sword but not the best swordmaster :nono:

You meant that as in, Meta's the best character, but you like Marth better, right? Otherwise you sort of contradicted yourself. :lol:

in my opion, ike is the best swordsman, he's strong, and has a good final smash, but on the down side he is slow

I forgot to mention something important... I'm off today. :lol:

Final Smashes are irregular moves that can't be accessed at will, and in competitive matches, are never used. Final Smashes in no way relate to how good a character is; Wolf's FS is possibly the best in the game, but he's middle tier. Meta is the best in the game, but his FS is only average. Sheik is low tier, but her FS is devastating (although yes, Zelda is high tier; but not top!).

Note that since Ike has a downside, he's not the best. >.>

And for sake of mention, Ike's FS is actually only slightly above average. The knockback isn't as good as other instant FS' like Zelda's or Captain Falcon's, and the damage isn't that good. It's saving grace is it's priority, range, and ability to pick off multiple foes.

i still say meta knight is da best overall unless sonic had a sword den he would be da best swordsman

*cue hilarious laughing here*

[video=youtube;pfI9MxNmdR4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pfI9MxNmdR4[/video]

Isn't Link at the bottom of the tier list, now? He's one of the worst characters in the game, if not the worst. I don't need a statement to support this, it's common knowledge among pros. =P

Obviously is Marth.

You meant that as in, Meta's the best character, but you like Marth better, right? Otherwise you sort of contradicted yourself. :lol:

No dummy, I mean that Marth is the best swordmaster because he only uses his sword to fight. And you know that I like Ike better than any of the other swordsmen but he's just not the best. He's by far the strongest but not the best.

First off... shame on you CK... forgetting something about your own main. Meta Knight has more than 3 ways to recover. UP B, Neutral B, Side B, and.... Down B. It can be done, but it's tricky. Also, I kind of just skimmed yet I didn't see you mention his glide. I think you probably did though.
Now who's the best swordsmen... it has to be Marth of course. Now some people will be like... WHAT?!?!?!!? META KNIGHT EATS BABIES!!! HE'S THAT GOOD. I know, I know... Meta Knight is crazily good. The problem is this thread is to determine who's the best swords"man" and well... I'm not really sure what Meta Knight is. I don't really think his race even has genders. I always assumed Kirby was a dude... but he never confirms it now does he? Meta Knight has a rough voice but who knows... maybe Meta Knight likes to smoke.
Ike is good, but not PRO good. Of course some people can use him in the PRO league level... but they don't really win the big tournies now do they? Marths (like MikeHAZE) do however. So... Marth is the only choice. Though I'll have to say Toon Link if it turns out the Marth actually is a women... I've always had my suspicions.
Now, I'm sure someone is going to try and prove that Meta Knight is a dude... but even though he looks like a giant ball... it could just as well be a giant ovary.

Last edited:
First off... shame on you CK... forgetting something about your own main. Meta Knight has more than 3 ways to recover. UP B, Neutral B, Side B, and.... Down B. It can be done, but it's tricky. Also, I kind of just skimmed yet I didn't see you mention his glide. I think you probably did though.
Now who's the best swordsmen... it has to be Marth of course. Now some people will be like... WHAT?!?!?!!? META KNIGHT EATS BABIES!!! HE'S THAT GOOD. I know, I know... Meta Knight is crazily good. The problem is this thread is to determine who's the best swords"man" and well... I'm not really sure what Meta Knight is. I don't really think his race even has genders. I always assumed Kirby was a dude... but he never confirms it now does he? Meta Knight has a rough voice but who knows... maybe Meta Knight likes to smoke.
Ike is good, but not PRO good. Of course some people can use him in the PRO league level... but they don't really win the big tournies now do they? Marths (like MikeHAZE) do however. So... Marth is the only choice. Though I'll have to say Toon Link if it turns out the Marth actually is a women... I've always had my suspicions.
Now, I'm sure someone is going to try and prove that Meta Knight is a dude... but even though he looks like a giant ball... it could just as well be a giant ovary.
lol :lol:

sadly your entire arguemant will be shattered by what comes after this:

Swordsman is the generic term for one that wields a sword for thier main(if not only) weapon. Whether the person is a he, she or even an it the term would still be swordsman. Plural is swordsmen. Even if the group is nothing but women with swords, they would still be refered to as swordsmen.

sorry but i just shattered your whole arguement.

Back