Who wants Metal Gear Solid Wii?

vi3tmix said:
Sounds like a lot of rumors and speculations...even though I'm going to have to follow it up with more speculations :).

Second, talking about the capacity of HDDVD vs Blu-Ray is also suspect. Well...for one, 360 doesn't use HDDVD. HD-DVD is an optional peripheral, and no game relies on HD-DVD format to play on the 360 as far as i know. Also, as far as I know, no game has taken full advantage of the 25gb capacity of the Blu-Ray format. The closest to approach such levels was Assassin's Creed, which was the first title I've heard of to nearly go beyond the capacity of Dual Layer discs that the 360 uses.

Third, saying it's Kojima's last MGS title because of death threats....I can't even take that statement seriously.

I will find the interview where Kojima actually said that that is the reason he finished the series... I will try to have found it by tomorrow, but i know that i read that in an interview with him cause i would not make that up cause it would be a stupid thing to just say, haha. OK i found it i just could not go to bed without looking for it and as i thought it was in a game informer magazine with an interview with him unfortunatly i have no way of uploading the article i found a website that had a quote from it http://www.ps3today.com/Blogs/News/hqs/blr_957.aspx he says much more than they mention but its the best i could find online...

Sorry about the HD-DVD thing i meant dvd i just didnt think about the fact i typed HD... For the length of time this game has been in development and from what i have read its going to need the space, of course not all 25 gigs that is ridicules to think that. I may even be able to find the article i read where i got that info from... i dont just sit here and make up things to argue haha, just wanted to let you know that and everyone else...

Last edited:
zap'em up said:
What experience are u talking about the downloading or the HD cuz quite frankly i dont give a shyt. i think they should just put the the wii version out there just so anyone who duznt care about HD or downloading can get it cuz i think the FPS aspects of MSG would be great on the Wii. cath mah drift lol
I kind of agree, it wouldn't be able to offer the same amount of features as MGS4 on PS3 but the lack of HD graphics or downloadable content didn't make the previous MGS games bad games. Ultimately it's whether the game is fun to play or not that really matters.

A spin off or new ip would be better though.

T3kNi9e said:
Uh, both PS3 and 360 would do the same. Both have downloadable content. Since Wii doesnt have a HD it wouldnt be as good on that. Plus visually Wii would be lacking compared to other consoles, you would be selling yourself short IMO if you get it on Wii because you miss out on experience.

Im gonna get it for sure on my PS3 but if it was on 360 also, it would be the same I think.

Yeah dude since Brawl won't have HD it wont be as good on that either ...umm.. yeah! :crazy:

By HD what do you think I mean? High-Def or Hard Drive...? Because im talking about Hard Drive. So if Brawl still has DLC, then its not going to be big. While the average DLC is usually like 300 MB on Xbox. Not counting small things like gamerpics and themes.

T3kNi9e said:
By HD what do you think I mean? High-Def or Hard Drive...? Because im talking about Hard Drive. So if Brawl still has DLC, then its not going to be big. While the average DLC is usually like 300 MB on Xbox. Not counting small things like gamerpics and themes.

My bad dude I was being sarcastic, I thought you meant High Definition ya know? Its cuz im tired of hearing all these people complaining about the wii's lack of high definition support. It just gets annoying cuz %99 percent of the people who complain about High Definition dont even own an HDTV. I own one of the greatest HDTV's on the market and I still dont get suckered into the 360 PS3 HD crap.
Like I said my bad, I thought you were talking about High Definition. Anyway since Wii is in SD a hard drive wasn't really necessary. Wii can still have big games, they just can't run in HD.

Metal Gear Solid 4 on Wii? Not gonna happen.

A Metal Gear game on Wii? Possibly.

An awesome Kojima game on Wii? Almost definetly.

:D

T3kNi9e said:
By HD what do you think I mean? High-Def or Hard Drive...? Because im talking about Hard Drive.

Hard Drive is actually abbreviated HDD (Hard Disk Drive) so it won't confused with High-Definition, or HD. ((Like what just happened))

Don't believe me? Google it.

Kojima will make a game on the wii... the question is what will it be.....
Metal Gear Solid? Probably not...
Metal Gear game.... maybe
Something Kojima? Most def...

T3kNi9e said:
I already know that. But I just always put HD because I personally dont call it a "Hard Disk Drive" I call it a "Hard Drive"

Not that I care about grammar/spelling mistakes on a forum, but the entire reason for the abbreviation was so it wouldn't be confused with high-definition, which clearly you were making the mistake on, not the other poster.

But.....as you said, you already knew that. :scared:

Back