Why CD/DVD Support?

Drellis

WTYW
Dec 13, 2006
What for? Why would you want CD/DVD support on the Wii over your home stereo system/home theatre/PC? You have a slew of features on these devices. In the event that the Wii supports CD/DVD it will be incredibly basic. If they do and it comes in handy for some reason that's fantastic! But why pine for it? That goes for all the bells and whistles. News, and Forcast, etc. Yea it would be cool for any little thing they throw on whether or not I would use them i'd still be glad that they are there... I already have the system to play the games. Everything else is padding. I'm getting what I paid for even if they're working on something I wouldn't use I wouldn't think they're wasting time or money. Like always N has my business for a very good reason. In the end whatever the platform does or does not become i'll be happy with.

-Drellis- WTYW

csiguy4u said:
This topic has been discussed to death. . .let it die, please.
coolg35748 said:
I strongly agree... die topic! DIE!
Well if you two dorkfishes didn't post to this thread, it WOULD HAVE DIED!!!! Rather than keep jumping to the top every time you post. :crazy:
---------------------------
I think that CD/DVD support is a "nice-to-have", not a "must-have". And if you look around the various Wii forums, only those who ride the short-bus to school are claiming the need for such support.

I'm more personally interested in video playback support... maybe support for DivX/XViD or maybe even MPEG-1. But that too is a nice-to-have.

Back