Wii CD/DVD drive making a Click Noise

kwan88

WiiChat Member
Feb 6, 2007
Dear All,

Can anyone confirm this. When you insert a game into the Wii drive and wait about 2 seconds, can you hear a single click noise?

Furthermore when turning the wii off with the game still in the drive, does it also make a clicking noise?

The reason I am asking is because for the past few days when playing games, the CD/DVD game inside the drive of the Wii can be heard making clicking sounds causing the game to error. It is only after a reboot of the system that the game loads normally. CD/DVD media is unmarked and the problem occurs randomly. I am concerned for the reliability of my Wii System and believe the problem to be the Laser on the CD drive. I am also concerned that the system may damage the game CD's.

Regards.

if it does, then i havent noticed it, but im sure a few clicking noises shouldnt be too much trouble? unless the game crashes...

Hopefully, you aren't using CDs or DVDs in the Wii, and are only using WODs (Wii Optical Discs), because that may screw it up.

I've had that happen to me too sometimes, and it annoys me immensely.

Thanks but can you confirm if it makes a single click noise when you insert a game into the Wii drive and wait about 2 seconds. And when turning the wii off with the game still in the drive, does it also make a clicking noise?

I think I am think too much about it now. I seem to always think that my wii is going to break down.

Please could anyone check?

kwan88 said:
Thanks but can you confirm if it makes a single click noise when you insert a game into the Wii drive and wait about 2 seconds. And when turning the wii off with the game still in the drive, does it also make a clicking noise?

I think I am think too much about it now. I seem to always think that my wii is going to break down.

Please could anyone check?

Oooh... do you normally turn off the wii with the game still in? That's not good... that's why mine was doing that.

i dunno mine screws up sometimes makes clicky noises and the gme wont work mind u this doesnt happen often

mine clicks when i exit the game to go back to the wii channels "main page"

worries me a lil but it hasn't caused any errors.

Allan!

Anark, this has happened to me all the time, and I haven't noticed that it has done anything bad... I hope....

its meant to happen guys its just the console reading or stopping the disc, and who ever posted above that it is not good to turn your wii off and leave a disc in it, that wont harm your console in anyway.

Actually cannon, it says in the instruction manual to take the games out before turning off console as it may cause damage. Not that I do it! But the rest of the **** u said I agree with, mine clicks all the time when reading game discs.

I'm having a similar problem. This week my Wii started making clicking sounds constantly while playing any game. They never crash, but it just makes a lot of incredibly annoying clicks all the time. Anyone find out why this would happen?

Its normal. They all make a clicking noise it is just reading the disc. Leaving the disc in shouldn't cause any damage. The guy saying that stuff doesn't know what he is talking about. He said putting DVDs in it could harm it but Wii games are on DVDs and putting a Video DVD in wouldn't hurt it, it would just reject it.

yea it happens 2 mine 2 its probably just it putt ing the dusk into place it shouled be nothing to wory abought

Back