Why does almost everyone I talk to

??? It was one of the best movies i've ever seen.

Cant wait for the sequel!!!!

laderer5 said:
??? It was one of the best movies i've ever seen.

Cant wait for the sequel!!!!

Same here!!!! But of the MANY people I've talked to, only 3 liked it!

lol they have no taste:lol:

I felt so into the movie when i was watching it. It was so well done. It seems like a unique movie that some people will reject as horrible because it was shot in a video camera type of style.

M4573RM1ND said:
Hate Cloverfield!? Why!?

Its called a opinion
Every body has one
If we all liked the same films there whould be Jaws 34 - new dentures and American pie 12 - the divorce

I have yet to see said film the previews look good
But then again so did the ones for Transformers

Darkprinny said:
Its called a opinion
Every body has one
If we all liked the same films there whould be Jaws 34 - new dentures and American pie 12 - the divorce

I have yet to see said film the previews look good
But then again so did the ones for Transformers

transformers is a great movie. megan fox is a babe

I didnt enjoy it much.

Honestly, the whole movie was a mess. and after it finished the whole cinema was silent, which was broken by one of my friends when he said

"WE WANT OUR MONEY BACK!!"

bigwilliiy said:
I didnt enjoy it much.

Honestly, the whole movie was a mess. and after it finished the whole cinema was silent, which was broken by one of my friends when he said

"WE WANT OUR MONEY BACK!!"

The silence was for effect:lol: and it worked well imo.
But yeah, it did have some downfalls ( too much camerashake sometimes) as any movie does. Still overall, I thought it was a great movie.:cool:

I thought it was like a ride. it was fun haha. obviously not a classic but i think its a damn good movie. it was so funny when megatron got unfrozen and the first thing he says is" i am megatron!" **** that was funny

Because it's a bad movie that's why.
the acting could have been better and what's with their ignorance and illogical statements? "I don't know what was that, what's going on?!!!" really I don't think that in that world they live in they haven't seen any movies in relation to something like what's happening there. Now I understand that the guy has the camera with him the whole time and that's why it moves alot bla bla bla, now why does he even has to have that camera? he dropped it a few times and went back just to get it while they could have almost gotten killed by whatever's happening. too much ignorance, too much unnecessary panic and some stuff that happens in the movies, the characters don't take into account, so why not hate it? when it ended some people hesitated to applaud, others said "what?" and I booed at it...if you want to see a real movie go watch The Orphanage.

One thing: we're really into horror movies, so my perspective may be a bit skewed - I'll post my [personal] rating as a fan of the genre and a more generic movie-goer rating too.

Without a doubt given the low cost (~$28M), large audience demographic (the PG13 will make a huge difference) and incredible viral marketing boost (both pre-release and now) - this movie will be highly profitable. (With a purported budget of $150M for the new Trek, JJA might need it to cover his rear )

We both thought it was outstanding. I like the "regular Joe" perspective and thought the actors did a reasonably decent job (from decent to very good). The sets/effects/photography was excellent.

It does a terrific job of immersing you into a realistic version of "The Giant Monster Attacks The City" - the physics of buildings going down (with some chilling 911 visual parallels), the chaos, knowing absolutely nothing about what's going on. Well done.

The video that *is* the movie has some interesting chronological twists - it's an older video, being recorded over with new video, with jumps back and forth. I've been told there's something significant at the end of the movie regarding the old footage (that we both missed).

It's not so much scary as intense - some critic compared it to a roller coaster - great metaphor. It builds up slow, bombards your senses, has a small lull in the middle, and then finishes you off. If you've ever been on a *big* coaster (like Top Thrill @ Cedar Point) it makes you want to scream, laugh and cry all at the same time.

It's more about the experience from Point A to Point B, not so much what *happens* when you get to B. Again, I think the roller coaster metaphor is pretty accurate: It starts and stops from the same place, so you don't really get anywhere, but the +experience+ is worth it. You don't analyze the physics and design engineering afterwards :lol:

It doesn't mean there's no plot, or it's bad - it was how it was conceived. A small snapshot of time, centered around some kids who don't know any more or less than the viewer. I really dig on that sometimes vs. the "omniscient viewer" (where the actions of the characters make less sense given what we know).

There are some clever variations on the classic Big Monster theme - no spoilers, but there are more dangers than are apparent from the initial attack!

Fans of the genre score: 8.8-9.0/10

General movie fans: 7.5-8.0/10

Cranky, I don't like Horror/SciFi/Monsters score: 1.5-2.0/10 :lol:

Yes, at the end, in the supposed sequence recorded before the new recording, the couple was at Coney Island and after a moment in the sea horizon you can see something big (proportionally, but far away) landing into the sea from the sky, so without a doubt; the monster is an alien from outer space. I have to admit that the design for the monster is one of the things I liked about the movie.

Back