Why is everyone hating on the Controls?

It's really because they havn't gotten used to it.

My friend, a crazy hardcore Halo friend, came to play REd Steel.

He got used ot the controls, took him like 30 minutes though.
But after that, I feared his sniper skills!

By the end of the few hours we played, he was like, "This would be so much cooler if it had online."

But he thinks the pistol is overpowered. A single headshot and BAM! Dead! With default gun!

But anyways, once you get used to the controls, you start to have fun.

Until the cursor starts jumping when you're in really lighted areas -- then it's not so fun.

But it's 90% fun.

Yellow_Wii said:
^^^
i agree

Yep. I stopped going to IGN for news for their unfair ratings of Red Steel and the Game of the Year fiasco. Okami? I'm sorry, FREAKING ZELDA is RIGHT HERE!

Now I get unfiltered news straight from the sources. Subscribed to Nintendo, Ubisoft, Activision, and Atlus RSS feeds, and I check Konami's, Namco's and Capcom's news daily. Darn you IGN, I loved you, but you betrayed me. Matt Cassimasina's still cool. Bozon's "Okami is the right choice" brown-nosing was unforgivable though, considering he later said Twilight Princess deserved it.

</rant>

Please ignore me. :D

well it is just a launch title so obviously there are goin to be some problems. this game was just a new to the developers as it was to us because it was running of a revolutional system! im sure once people start to get into the way of the Wii and manufactuers start to understand the controlller we will have some very fantastic shooting games! red steels controls arent all that bad anyway, but, yeah, def online would have been the icing on the cake!

i played it 1day it was out, controls were bit wierd at 1st but bout 2mins in it was fine, i though the controls Worked a Treat.
im used to weird controls anyho so, Good game no doulbt O but there is 1 bit i didnt like, ON 1 of the level u in that yard with white cloth separatin each section witht he work man and theres a good few men, THe wii was struggling in that part it was Real Sticky. but apart from that its was Great Wish it was bigger though

actually its not weird controls, their are just different then the usual and people are just lazy... is more easy say that its bad, difficult on the first try instead then really try this **** for how spectacular is the nintendo wii and of course the wii remote!

i doubt anyone say the nintendo has bad controls after playing elebits.

As a new owner of both a Wii and Red Steel I'll give my opinion. I like the game but was very hesitant when buying it because of low review scores almost everywhere. Personally I would rate the game about a 7 myself because its no where near perfect, and there are control issues.

My biggest problems with the controls is that the cursor rebounds all the way to the right side of the screen when I try to turn quickly to the left. I was also hoping for more interactive sword fighting controls but I have already gotten used to them.

The other reasons why I think it gets low reviews is because of the graphics many reviewers are biased because of HD gaming now, but the visuals could have been better and I have experienced a drop in framerate once so far and I'm not very far into the game. This is a persoanl opinion but I was also looking forward to multiplayer swordfighting not just a dashing melee attack.

In closing I do think the game is very entertaining and shows a lot of potential for Wii FPS games but it did need a little more time in development to make it a superb game.

the controls are no wear near as bad as some of the reiviews say it just takes a while to master them that is all

Back