Why Is Anyone Who Uses Ike Considered a Noob?

Dirtmuncher111

WiiChat Member
Jan 19, 2007
Dallas, TX
Wii Online Code
7851-1502-0097-6885
I apologize if the tone of the title misleading to make you think that I disagree with anyone who states this. I am simply asking a question. I currently use Ike as my main and usually get about +5 on all of my online brawl matches. Is he considered cheap in some way? I actually take in a lot of strategy in using him, and because I am now very used to him, I use him a little more than half the time.

I only ask this because many times I have seen people state this. I am simply wondering why. I do know why people like Pit or Metaknight are sometimes noobs because they both often spam their B and side B moves. Although I have met some of them online that are actually quite good and conserve those moves.

I am simply wondering why. I do know why people like Pit or Metaknight are sometimes noobs because they both often spam their B and side B moves.

Yes, as opposed to:

AETHER!

EYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYAGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHH!!!

But honestly, Ike is very noob friendly.

hey may be n00b friendly because of his power, but any n00b will struggle b/c of his slugish movements, the heavy disadvantage is definetly not for n00bs. I think Pit is the biggest n00b character b/c people like my brother use a whopping total of 2 or 3 different moves. they spam side b and the smash attacks. I think people against Ike cannot use them and are jealous. I'm an Ike user myself, but b/c of his slowness i use Sonic as well. Ike is for sure not n00b friendly.

Ike is newbie friendly. Slow attacks, but some of his combo/moves are unavoidable once you're in it. Aether is spammed too much - that's how you can tell whether someone's a newbie :lol:

Of course, once you learn how to sidestep and air dodge properly, Ike becomes a nice sandbag :wink:

His side b move is way too effective in my opinion, but thats probably just because I'm not too good myself.

Against a pro he isn't that great but a newbie can use him effectively easily against mid-level players.

grind b moves. die. do a+forward in spawn protection, get a few 1 hit kills and win. thats ike. ike players not exactly the most exiciting. i wouldnt say anyone that uses ike is a noob but alot of noobs use ike. they also use wolf, pit, pikachu and kirby too so take your pick.

because they alll have moves that are considered annoying and overpowered. in truth though they are really no better than any other characters they just have moves that stand out. the irony is that noobs call people who own with cheap characters noobs lol just play who and how oyu play. if people are good enough they'll beat you cheap or 'noob' or not lol if you beat them their the noob not you lol

when i say noob it means youre strategy consists of 6 or fewer moves and youre always staying on the ground or in the air to attack. im not sure if i ever saw an aggressive ike player.

... I hate Ike. I can't use him, he has no flow. Sonic, Wolf, Fox, Falco, Lucario, C. Falcon, Marth, Link, Toon Link, Diddy, PKM Trainer, even Luigi. Those are great fighters.

Last edited:
I'm anything but a noob, but I love using Ike. Noobs may use him for his power but if you don't know how to use his power to its potential & don't know how to time his smashes correctly, you're gonna have trouble using him...

Back