why is there still a shortage of Wii consoles in the US?

They aren't on the shelves, simply because of what has been echoed in nearly every response. There are far too many people who want one, so they actually ARE coming in almost weekly, it's just that they LITERALLY cannot stay on the shelves for more than a half an hour. But as ARav989 said you can get a PS3 any minute of the day.

The other day I was at Best Buy to do some browsing and they had moved their stock of 13 PS3s from the shelves to RIGHT IN FRONT of the doors, in the hopes that people will walk in and want to buy one. Lol, I doubt that anyone will though.

I wonder if sony's budget is going to get stretched thin this fiscal year, making so many blu-ray players AND ps3's and hardly selling much of either because of the prices. I can't imagine their hardware manufacturing costs. The blu-ray players i looked at were like $1,100! Outrageous.

one major problem is that out of the ~5 million sold, 2 million are unplayed and unopened in the basement of those jackarse ebayers trying to make 60 bucks..

considering they camp these stores 50 hours a week you would think they could just get a job and make more, but w/e

there is a shortage everywhere, its simply becuase wii is so popular. it will die down in about a month or two. i think 4 months after release and still having shortages is great, Just shows how great wii has done!

Back