Why is this such an interest?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm a fan of rap music, thats an art form. Now I dont like all rap, just as im sure not all anime fans like all anime.

Its a genre of art. There are people who are abstract fans. Which are people who mainly like abstract art. And there are realists, etc, etc, etc.

People like it just like they like any other kind of art form. What dont you get?

LiquidD said:
Now that I think about it, every anime fan I have ever met, except for one, were all pretty dumb.

And to they guy above, the flaw in your last answer was that you basically said that all japanese are anime fans. lol

An Anime Fan;

You're comma splicing a lot. You started a paragraph with and. The term is spelt 'Japanese' with a capital.

Guess I'm to dumb to analyse and critique a small post.

Krohn said:
My dad, a scientist, says that he was involved with a study on "Anime Fans" and his team concluded Anime fans have lower than normal IQ's

That's why I don't like scientific experiments like that, they'll never be 100% correct with it. Clearly your father and his team, only examined/studied a handful of Anime fans, and with several tests they come to a conclusion with several of the subjects sharing the same results. Thus they automatically assume that every other "Anime Fan" is generally stupid, just like the handful they picked up. I myself enjoy Anime, and I'm already showing more intelligence than your Father & his team of scientists on this subject.

My advice: Go back to the drawing board, and try to have a more open mind with tests like that.

Krohn said:
So why do people consider themselves "Anime Fans"? Thats like saying I am an "Abstract Fan."

Same reason one person likes Beer and a different person likes Wine.. They're both generally alcohol (to an extent for wine), but have different flavors & aftertastes. There are Beer fans out there as there are Wine fans, even though they're both just alcoholic beverages.

It's called having preferences, if someone enjoys something.. they'll usually stick with it, and eventually identify themselves as being a "fan" of it (if they so choose to).

LiquidD said:
I don't know. They're just cartoons.

Cartoons are Animated Shorts/Comic Strips, typically being comedic, like Garfield comic strips, or Looney Tunes.

Anime is an Eastern art style.

I don't know how someone can easily mix up the word Cartoons with general Animation., that's pretty dumb.

Last edited:
Ahahah, people are influenced by TV when they were younger, and most anime fans spawned off in the 90's for one reason:

POKEMONPOKEMONPOKEMON

That's what got me into it.

Personally, I think it's just an art form that's naturally branched off from manga. So, it's usually the storyline that people usually go for, even though a lot of people go for cute characters and whatnot, but I do that sometimes. D:

I draw manga so I have an interest in the way the characters move and look, they're far more detailed than just your normal cartoon. Plus, people watch it of all ages, not just kids, because I love the dry and sarcastic humour some of them have, but look at things like Death Note as well. There's variation in the style and I like adapting my own to it.

I don't want to go to extremes with hentai and the works, that is just euhhh by my concerns.

I don't care for anime much, either.

Perhaps it's the social classification that comes along with it. When I was in high school, all the anime fans enrolled in Japanese class, wore obscure anime outfits/accessories, brought portable DVD players to lunch so they could all embrace anime, devoted every single school project to it... I don't know why anime fans find it necessary to have to incorporate EVERY SINGLE DIMENSION OF THEIR LIFE to anime. Everyone has a hobby, but THIS one seems to take the cake for the most irritating/cult-like following. Maybe it was just my school.

I'm not saying all anime fans are like this either, some of my friends are...and they keep it under wraps, I respect that.

But. Seriously.

Ashwii00 said:

Perhaps it's the social classification that comes along with it. When I was in high school, all the anime fans enrolled in Japanese class, wore obscure anime outfits/accessories, brought portable DVD players to lunch so they could all embrace anime, devoted every single school project to it... I don't know why anime fans find it necessary to have to incorporate EVERY SINGLE DIMENSION OF THEIR LIFE to anime. Everyone has a hobby, but THIS one seems to take the cake for the most irritating/cult-like following. Maybe it was just my school.

I'm not saying all anime fans are like this either, some of my friends are...and they keep it under wraps, I respect that.

But. Seriously.

Hahahahah, of course you live in an area with eccentrics. xD

None of the anime fans were like that in my school, I was one of them, and the most we had was bringing in a manga book to read when you were left on your lonesome or in a boring class. But obviously I had school uniform, but I seriously doubt anyone would go to such extremes as that.

I have tonnes of manga, it's quite expensive, God only knows why I would then want to buy anime. It's just something to watch when you get extremely bored over the summer or something, I'd never juggle it with school work and put MSN before it oh so easily.

Ashwii00 said:

But. Seriously.

Back when I was in High School, there were quite a bit of Anime fanatics who were generally annoying, usually being hyperactive. I love anime myself, aswell as other cultures from Japan. But some people out there just seem to have no control over the things they love.

lol. i knew someone was going to say how wrong i am about me calling anime a cartoon. does anyone really know the origin of the world anime? its very simple and it explains why its always written in katakana.

Meh consulte teh wiki
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anime

Anime (アニメ, Anime?) (pronounced [anime] listen (help·info) in Japanese, but typically pronounced /ˈænɪmeɪ/ or /ˈænɪmə/ in English) is an abbreviation of the English word "animation", originating in Japan. Although the term is used in Japan to refer to animation in general, in English usage the term most popularly refers to material originating from Japan, a subset of animation.
Anime is traditionally hand drawn, but computer assisted techniques have become quite common in recent years. The subjects of anime represent most major genres of fiction, and anime is available in most motion-picture media (television broadcast, DVD and VHS distribution, and full length motion pictures).

Basicly animes are cartoons
But from Japan
Where as there are people that will only watch them I will give any thing a try
Its just a shame that A LOT of USA toons are just plain rubbish and are made just to sell toys where as the toys from Anime come allong if the anime is a sucsess

*Looks at recent ones such as the Turtles remake*

LiquidD said:
lol. i knew someone was going to say how wrong i am about me calling anime a cartoon. does anyone really know the origin of the world anime?

You apparently keep confusing yourself with the definition of Animation with that of Cartoons.

Anime & Cartoons aren't the same (nor is one the other), but they are both a form of animation.

Darkprinny said:
Basicly animes are cartoons
But from Japan

All that quote said, was that Anime is a form of animation (which it is). It didn't translate that Anime was basically Cartoons from Japan.

LiquidD said:
what the? cartoons is animation. what don't you understand about that?

Ugh, Animation is a series of frames with pictures. Cartoons are a "form" of animation. There are many forms of animation, but the sole definition of it isn't "Cartoons"... really, I don't think I can explain it anymore simpler than that so even you can understand it.

ok. anime and cartoons are animated the same. they draw a bunch of pictures and just put it together, ok. they don't make anime how they make cg movies like toy story and all those pixar movies.
although, i have been seeing some in some newer shows like the latest episode of naruto shippuden.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back