Status
Not open for further replies.
Who was that aimed at ?
If it was me
Right back at ya

Rule of internets #something -
Dont try to get into a image battle with DarkPrinny
he has a internets worth of pics

No it's the mostly the OP and the equally horrible responses by some of the people "supporting" anime. There's just too much noobery to respond to.

Darkprinny said:
Dont forget people
YOUR TAX dollars paid for this reasurch
Where as id rather have my tax money spent on usefull things like A cure for cancer or How can the roiling stones keep tourin or even makein a rich tea biscuit that dosnt break into your brew
Surly that last one is more important than your blatant lie about your dad

Compare the following -Naruto, Kikis delivary service, Minami-ke, Samurai X, kasimasi, death note, black lagoon, Porco rosso, The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya, Excel saga, Dead leaves, FLCL or Lucky star
I think you will find that there all different (there are loads more)
Puts forward
Samurai X, Shiguri (whoa I go all arty on your arse) Dead leaves (going MTV on your arse), FLCL

Seriously
Do you only watch the stuff that they put on tv ?
Id like to point out that theres a lot of stuff on tv that looks like anime but isnt

You must of only seen a few animes
Not all anime has gore
*Looks at his Studio Ghibli DVDS*

I hold my hands up here not all US tv programs have a bad plot
Some dont even have one
Lets film some celebratory doing things that every body else dose
Then theres a lot that are just plane rip offs from UK tv then we get there shite on our tv
So the circle of TV is complete
Prinny just summed everything up. Most people think that anyone who watches "Naruto", "DBZ", and "One Piece" an anime fan. They're not. As Prinny mentioned, some of the best animes that are out there can't be seen on telivision (American or European television anyway). You've got a very biased opinion considering it's based on the "conventional anime fan" (i.e. the person who's obsessed with Naruto, DBZ, and One Piece).

For the record, I'm in Latin IV which happens to have 3 kids in an anime club...and they are also some of the smartest kids I've ever met. Granted their poorest subject is math, they do remarkably well in all other categories.

You talk about anime as if it's a plague and anyone who watches it is a loser...which isn't true. I mean, look at Prinny.

My dad, who is a scientist, is an anime fan himself, Krohn. His very name is echoed on the streets everyday here in Australia and in areas of Southern Asia too, i believe. Maybe my Dad could teach your Dad a thing or two some day..... ... ...

@ssbb_Lover - Well theres one way of tellin what anime is good and that is to check some reviews
http://www.anime-source.com/banzai/modules.php?name=Anime
(Disputes Twelve kingdoms beein in there as it started well but got rly dull towards the end)(Likes that Smaurai X is still at the top)
All you have rly got to do is ignore the every body watchies long as heck anime (Naruto, bleach, Yu-gi-oh) then you will find some of the best

Clarke said:
No it's the mostly the OP and the equally horrible responses by some of the people "supporting" anime. There's just too much noobery to respond to.

You just did respond to it

Fell free to join in with your own opinions

vashivihan said:
only anime l like is pokemon. others are garbage

This is completely crazy, I was on TV.com a year ago and I posted the same thing and I got flamed worse then I've ever seen anyone.

"How can say all other anime is garbage when you haven't seen it all"
"You can't prejudge an artform"
"Posting something like this is gonna cause all **** to erupt"
"I suggest you go to youtube and watch every single anime you can find"
To name a few.

I got alot of flak from one sentence, to be more specfic "I really don't care for anime, except for the Boondocks", when that was all I said.

Last edited:
Vigilante said:
"How can say all other anime is garbage when you haven't seen it all"
"You can't prejudge an artform"
"Posting something like this is gonna cause all **** to erupt"
"I suggest you go to youtube and watch every single anime you can find"
To name a few.

I got alot of flak from one sentence, to be more specfic "I really don't care for anime, except for the Boondocks", when that was all I said.

1. Why bump a mounth old topic

Nobody has seen every single anime (even me at over 200 watched yet I havent seen them all)
There is alot alike (same basic thing)

Youtube sucks for anime sadly stage6 is no longer around but theres allways veioh (SP) and a few other sites

For people that want a plot that rivals A LOT of films try Kaiji for a arty anime try Shigururi (also plot) or Dead leaves

But meh
Reportin the thread to be locked

Really when I first heard of Anime I though it meant all animation from asia or that it just meant adult animation. If people are claiming to be big adult swim watcher thing they are anime fans. Some people believe it's only dragon ball or what ever is hot at the time but even final fantasy is a anime film in my book. To say that anime is a style is like saying art is a style or fine art is a style.

The subject is pretty confusing by if you don't understand what they mean then you really should not worry about if your not willing to ask the person directly.

Artistically it as a whole takes more risk that are successful.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back