Why is Zelda such a good game?

I'm an fps man myself, but having got a Wii for my daughter for xmas I'm kinda changed !

TP came with the Wii bundle I got (along with SMB) so I thought I'd see what all the fuss was about, I knew of Link and crew from my N64 days, but never played any of the series.

OMG ! This game rocks. It's too hard to put into words why, it's just the quality of the whole thing. The story, the gfx, the sounds, the interaction... I mean my daughter is totally entranced when we play it. This game just oozes quality and is so well put together.

I must admit, being a PC gamer myself I'm used to far better graphics than any console can provide (PS3 and X360 included) but uber graphics don't make a game good. Super Mario 64 still rates as one of the best games ever for me, and those gfx are pretty basic by todays standards (btw, this was the first Virtual Console game we downloaded), but with Zelda:TP everything is just "right".

If you don't enjoy this game then there is something wrong with you.

I like bullets, lazers, tanks and spaceships usually, but I'm so glad I gave this a chance. What an experience I would have missed...

thatstobadd56 said:
Why is it such a good game? I'm not a big fan of Zelda, so why should i get it, why not red steel or NFS carbon?

hi,
yh i think zelda is hared i cant get passed the first level
you know the one with the goats and you have 2 herd them in to the barn
and thats only 1% of the game !!!!HELP!!!!!:sad:

[TITAN] said:
I agree..there are simply no words to describe the legend of zelda it just owns your soul that's that...but serioulsy, the plot the character and the little secrets always leave you wondering what's next.

hi,
if you know sooo much about zelda pleas help me !!!!! i am stuck on the first level the one were you have to hered in the goats to the barn i cant do it as sooon as i get them in they runn out help !!!!!!:sad: :cryin:

hmmm zelda....

I think the reason why people like LoZ so much is that it evolves with every system, much more so than Metroid or any of the marios. Now if they'd only take the best parts of ALL the LoZ, and put them in one game, ......wow.

GibsonSG (nice choice but GibsonLP would be better ;) ) -

Just set your sights on one goat at a time instead of going for them all, if you want it to head left, ride just to the right and behind it then "whoop" with the A button. Likewise, if you want the goat to head right, ride to teh left and slightly behind it. Gently persuade it to head to the barn - don't get too close, and don't rush it or ride too fast. Once they get near enough to the barn entrance, they do go in, if not, give them some "gentle" persuasion - not too harsh or they will just bolt in the wrong direction.

Once they are in, they do stay in. Get used to it and take it easy. Remember, there is no time limit (this time.....)

Back