Wifi MAX

Elixir

WiiChat Member
Dec 14, 2006
What does everyone think of the Wifi MAX? I've tried the Wifi Link from play-asia, and it was absolute garbage. I'd ike to get another one, but I don't particularly want to pay the extra for an original, or a router which will be more expensive on my end.

I'm talking about this:

wifmx2zt4.jpg

I've been told it works with the Wii, from different people, so I'm seriously considering buying it. (google couldn't have hurt you, either.)

That's great, it really is, but I'd like to know about this product.

Elixir said:
That's great, it really is, but I'd like to know about this product.

Shitty range, and a shitty price. I'm telling you for a good 15 bucks more you can get something that has incredible range, **** my neighbor from across the street can even go WiFi because of my Linksys.

If I could use a wireless router, I probably would. But I don't want to pay $80 for a wireless router, when I can get something that does the same job for $30.

I'd still like to know about the Wifi MAX though, which has yet to be addressed in this thread. I've heard people have had problems with it, but others are claiming that it's perfectly fine. I remember awhile ago someone was talking about it here, but since there's no search feature, I can't find out.

My bad, man. I'm used to traditional vBB boards. I'll check it out now.

(Although I'm not sure whether just saying there's a search on the middle right, instead of uploading a 2.1 mb .bmp, would've been easier.)

Edit: The following words are either very common, too long, or too short and were not included in your search: max

Great, now I get every search result with "wifi" in it. Which is EVERY SINGLE THREAD TO EVER EXIST ON THESE FORUMS. ;_;

Last edited:
just get something that has a good range just enough for your house . you dont want neighbors sharing your bandwidth and slowing your connection . playing online games while someone is tapping in your wireless = lagg lagg= you get killed in a game your playing lol

Elixir said:
If I could use a wireless router, I probably would. But I don't want to pay $80 for a wireless router, when I can get something that does the same job for $30.

I'd still like to know about the Wifi MAX though, which has yet to be addressed in this thread. I've heard people have had problems with it, but others are claiming that it's perfectly fine. I remember awhile ago someone was talking about it here, but since there's no search feature, I can't find out.

The Wireless router I have is 50. And if you don't want anyone on your router, all you have to do is lock it and make it for your own personal use. This router is way faster than the WiFi Max, as my buddy has had that and mines goes at least 3-4 times faster than his. Paying 20 extra dollars for something that is just about the same to install with faster speed and longer range, what more can you ask for?

Kamikaze said:
The Wireless router I have is 50. And if you don't want anyone on your router, all you have to do is lock it and make it for your own personal use. This router is way faster than the WiFi Max, as my buddy has had that and mines goes at least 3-4 times faster than his. Paying 20 extra dollars for something that is just about the same to install with faster speed and longer range, what more can you ask for?

This is true, but I'm not american and I don't have anywhere to get a wireless router from. There's some available here, such as the US ROBOTICS ADSL Router 9106 and Netgear 54Mbps Wireless Router WGR614 for $61 US dollars, and then the price jumps to $82 for the D-Link 54Mbps Wireless Router DI-524.

So you see, I'm rather torn between the significant price differences and the limited availability I'm shown with here. I don't know what you have against the Wifi MAX, but I'm just trying to find out information about it.

Elixir said:

Personally I wouldn't touch that with a 10 ft pole. Why? Simple, the range and signal quality. The range on these isn't all that bad, however the signal quality and penetration on those is weak. (I do WLAN installs/support for a living and we tested these heavily)

For home use I would recommened the wrt54g Linksys series. Relatively reliable (although you do have to restart them more than you should) cheap, and excellent signal quality (signal strength and quality are too different things). There is very little that goes wrong with them (IMHO) that a reboot doesn't fix.

Back