Wifi Max

wikkiddavi

WiiChat Member
Nov 25, 2007
PA
Wii Online Code
1969-8791-4704-2042
Hello everyone has anyone ever tried this my wii keeps getting error code 32004 with my USB connector so im thinking maybe thats the problem or something I dunno im bout to try everything I can that can work with my PC and my crappy hughes.net Satelette Connection I got here.

Anyone tried it and another question I reformatted my harddrive thinking my wii it self was the problem now all my VC games are gone will they still be on my VC when I finnally get this update in thanks for your help.:sick:

Error Code: 32004

How are you attempting to connect your Wii console online?

* Wireless Router
* Nintendo Wi-Fi USB Connector

Wireless Router:

1. Try adjusting the "Channel" your wireless router broadcasts on. We highly recommend setting your wireless router to either channel 1 or 11. Be sure to try both channels if the first one you try does not work. This can potentially increase the download speed. For information on accessing your router's settings, click here to select the brand name and model number of your router (if available). (The "Channel" setting is typically found in the "Wireless" section of your router's setup utility.)

2. If adjusting the "Channel" did not work, please review our "Slow Download Times or Errors Received While Connecting" troubleshooting tips by clicking here.

3. Are you using a Netgear brand wireless router? Our expeirence shows disabling the "SPI Firewall" of the router may help the connection. The "SPI Firewall" option is typically found under the "WAN Setup" tab of the router's settings. For information on accessing your router's settings, please click here and select the model of the Netgear router you own (if available).

If you are still receiving this error code, please click here for assistance.

Nintendo Wi-Fi USB Connector

1. Does your PC have any security programs (firewall, anti-virus, anti-spyware, anti-adware, etc.) installed? If you are using the Nintendo Wi-Fi USB Connector, and have a software firewall or other computer security program installed on your computer, there may be additional steps you must complete to allow a successful connection.

"Trusted" Applications:
If your firewall or PC security program keeps a list of trusted applications (also known as a "trusted zone"), the following programs are installed with the Nintendo Wi-Fi USB Connector, and require internet communications. If prompted by your firewall or PC security program, add these to the list of trusted applications. This information may also apply to certain computer security applications, such as anti-virus, anti-spyware, etc.:
o Nintendo Wi-Fi Connector USB (NintendoWFCReg.exe)
o Setup.exe (when installing the USB Connector)
o SoftAPInstDrv.bin
o mdriver.exe

2. If you are using a router, you may need to temporarily disable the router's firewall to allow the Wii console to connect online and receive a system update. Once the update is received, you can turn the firewall back on. For information on locating and disabling your router's firewall, please consult the router's manual or contact the manufacturer of the router.

If you are still receiving this error code, please click here for assistance.

Where I found this -
http://www.nintendo.com/consumer/wfc/en_na/ds/results.jsp?error_code=32004&system=Wii&locale=en_US&action2.x=15&action2.y=25

Yea I now it says its a secrity issue but I turned of my Norton anti virus I think all I did was turn of The Auto-protect I don't know what else I can turn of and my Windows Firewall wasnt on to beging with so I don't really think thats the issue.

I am having the same issue. I am also using hughes satellite. I have had my wii for over 6 months and this is the first time that I've been unable to complete the system update. the internet, weather, news, and check mii out channels all work fine. I'm on a Belkin router and also tried using a d-link router with the firewall off I continue to get the same 32004 error, so it is not the router or location of the router. I am starting to suspect it might be that Hughes changed something with their system. I have read your other posts and know how you feel. I may take it to a starbucks and try to update it from my car!!!!

Wifi Max? If that is the Datel Version of the Nintendo Wifi USB Connecter, it is unreliable. It didn't work for me so I had it refunded. I got the same problem. You should either buy the Nintendo version, or you could try closing off your Antivirus and restarting your computer.

I had this problem but it corrected it's self overtime. I think It can depend on circumstances. I was trying for the wii shop and it turned out the site was just busy. Have you corrected this now or is it still happening?

Back