Wii behind a proxy server

juliansmith said:
I already use Cisco VPN software to let me get around the university's blocking of programs such as limewire, soulseek and online poker lol. So what you're suggesting is that I somehow make the wii use my computer's internet connection with the VPN? I didn't quite follow the idea, but thanks for attempting to help someone who is clueless in these aspects. How exactly am I going to make the Wii share my computer's internet connection?

There are proxy server settings on the wii btw.

If you buy a WiFi USB adapter you should be able to share your VPN connection on your PC. You might have to add routing info on your PC if it doesn't work straight away. ROUTE ADD -p in msdos will enable you to set up a persistant route.

Buy a wireless router online using a prepaid credit card. Go to your local bank and ask, there shouldn't be more than a $5 USD fee.

Just to clarify... I do have a wireless router etc. I just need to figure out how to put proxy settings into the wii.........

well i got it online FINALLY!!!!!!

I had to take it to a friend's house in order to do the first 2 updates, but after doing that the proxy settings option FINALLY showed up, and then i just had to add my school's info and voila!! it works!!

WOO!

Back