Very strange Wii Online connection problem! WTF!?!?

Wii-Got-Wii

WiiChat Member
Feb 15, 2007
Wii Online Code
7481-0063-9618-2227
My wii internet connection is so messed up. Its not just 'not working'. So ill start earlier. I got my Wii (first week :D) and about two months after that i got a wireless router. After changing around a few settings, it worked perfectly. Recently though, my dad put a proxy server on our LAN. My Wii online obviously stops working until he put in the proxy information into the Wii setting. Then the online "working". It said the connection test was a success and i could get into my internet channels easily. I then decided it was time to play Medal of Honor. I pop it in and go to the Multilayer to discover is saying i couldn't connect. No matter how many times i tried. I then got Brawl a few weeks after this and i can connect to the online...sometimes...I would click connect and it would let me in but it wouldn't be the best, i would lag and get disconnected randomly. Sometimes it wouldn't even let me in. My wii messages also all come in chunks instead of one at a time so it basically has "Working Spurts". Oh and now my internet channels won't work either. My dad works with these kinds of things and he said he tried every possible setting on both the router and the wii but it just wouldn't work. Well it would kind of work...after it says connection success or whatever, if he tested the connection again (without even touching the settings) it would give us error code 52230 which according to Nintendo means we need to open ports on out firewall...which we did but it didn't work.
So basically what I'm saying is that I think the proxy settings messed up my wii connection! My dad won't turn of the proxy though. I dunno wtf to do!

You probably have 2 things going on:

1) Your dad's proxy server isn't forwarding enough ports for the Wii
2) The delay caused by routing everything through the proxy server is causing lag

#1 is solvable. #2 probably not. Both are up to your dad, though. You need to take this up with him.

For more info...
Go to: www.nintendo.com
Click on: Support
Click on: Connecting to the Internet (Getting Online)

Back