wii boxing: pro level impossible?

frankyk

WiiChat Member
Dec 24, 2006
has anyone gotten pro level in boxing? i can't seem to get it because i can't KO the guy until the last round if at all and then when i do win by match decision or KO, i end up LOSING skill, not gaining >_<.

the game is ridiculous because my hand gestures don't really get read in and so i have to wave my hands like crazy to even hit the guy now since they block almost everything now.

any tips or tricks or is it pretty darn hard if not impossible to get pro in boxing?

That wasnt very nice but a damn good answer.
:thumbsup:

I'm with stupid on this one.
And yes rapid punches dont work too well.

I'm a pro in wii sports boxing, so, if you can't handle how is the game, then you're not ready for boxing.
It is my favorite Wii Sports game, and it reads all the movements I do, so, if you want to become a pro, then you should go to the practice mode.

a lot of wii sports games respond horribly unless u understand how to get them to respond, then they respond perfectly (especially golf and boxing)
ive knocked out the "boxing champ" (highest level computer player) over ten times, so yes going pro is quite possible

Arcadium said:
I'm a pro in wii sports boxing, so, if you can't handle how is the game, then you're not ready for boxing.
It is my favorite Wii Sports game, and it reads all the movements I do, so, if you want to become a pro, then you should go to the practice mode.

Hit the nail and the head. The only way to become good in boxing is to practice you movements in training. Personally boxing is my least favorite Wii sports game.

Im with Jesse. It just doesnt seem like it responds to your hand motions like they said it would.:(

I did a marathon 2.5 hour session to get to pro in boxing, I ended up having to take my shirt off and I was covered in sweat. I never bothered with training until after I reached pro.

I started off doing the exact movements, I still do for jabs and uppercuts but I found hooks difficult until I started an exaggerated wrist flick to the side, I still only do it with my wiimote hand because its more responsive.

My advice would be (I'm a southpaw i.e. right side forward) to jab with your left (nunchuck) a lot and most of the time just do jab combinations with the right and left. Throw in an occasional uppercut and always try to go for the knockdown shot with a hook (if you land loads of jabs and they start blocking then its time to try uppercuts and hooks), I prefer doing it to the body. I tend to work the body a lot, most AI at the upper end of the scale protect their heads a lot (though they get better at protecting their body, just keep at it until you land a few then unleash), just go all out agressive and don't block unless they've landed several good combinations on you, then go straight back on the offensive. If you work the body enough sometimes they drop their guard and you can get some nice combinations to the head. If you work the body enough really quickly sometimes you can get some of the more advanced AI KOed in one knockdown.

i jus got it and im pro

i jus got it for christmas and i played around for 23 games and im at 1029 points

my advice is wen u cant swing ur arms or upercut any more
hold ur hands closer to the bottom and use more wrist
itll feel wierd and look a bit gay but it did the job
so jus go to practice shadow box until u got a feel for good controls and try try again

Boxing is easy once you get the hang of it...You need to use the dodging back and forth until they miss with a big punch. Then use a combo (left,right,etc) until they block. Then go back to dodging again. I think the key is to not attack but rather be reactive when they attack. My rank right now is over 2300 in boxing. Once you figure out the strategy it loses some of it's appeal b/c you can end up knocking the opponent down 3 or 4 times in the first round. It loses it's challenge, but it sure does feel good when you land some solid punches. :D

Good Luck!!

Back