Wii debug type text on screen?

aural

WiiChat Member
Nov 14, 2007
any of you guys seen this? just started happening today when i was playing Mario Galaxy. any ideas?
1.jpg

2.jpg

No, I've never seen that. In fact, it doesn't even look real. It almost looks photoshopped...

Welcome to wiichat....:shifty:

It's either a strange glitch or a poorly edited fake.

Either way it won't affect your Wii

I would guess that's not debug info, but just some corruption of the video buffer.

sremick said:
I would guess that's not debug info, but just some corruption of the video buffer.

It's not the debug info, but it's probably not the video buffer either.

I think (if it's real) it's probably due to some kind of manufacturer's error in the actual disc, causing the Wii to display this "garbage"

well, its absolutely not a fake. I just took those pictures this evening.

I saved my game and went back to the Wii menu and that weird text was still scrambling across the screen. I've had my Wii since launch day and haven't ever seen it before.

i just played again for about a half hour and no weird text boxes... hopefully it was just a strange fluke

It might have just been a bad print of that part of the disc. I wouldnt worry about it unless it starts doing it all the time and on multiple games.

aural said:
well, its absolutely not a fake. I just took those pictures this evening.

I saved my game and went back to the Wii menu and that weird text was still scrambling across the screen. I've had my Wii since launch day and haven't ever seen it before.

If that text is appearing on your regular Wii menu and not just in Galaxy, then something is wrong with your Wii and has nothing to do with Galaxy. You should call Nintendo.

Wait, another thought occurred (although it's a longshot). Do you have the Closed Captioning turned on on your TV? If so, perhaps it's sensing something in the video signal that it thinks is supposed to be onscreen text but is actually just garbage.

Skippy said:
Wait, another thought occurred (although it's a longshot). Do you have the Closed Captioning turned on on your TV? If so, perhaps it's sensing something in the video signal that it thinks is supposed to be onscreen text but is actually just garbage.

Good point. It may be his TV misinterpreting something.

Although the font does look very Nintendo-ee.

TennisLord said:
That looks like it's been poorly photoshopped. If it's real it's a disc error.
you are a freaking moron. I took it with a digital camera and cropped out the tv. that's it.

I updated my Wii to the latest frimware and i havent seen the strange text again.

aural said:
you are a freaking moron. I took it with a digital camera and cropped out the tv. that's it.

I updated my Wii to the latest frimware and i havent seen the strange text again.

Is your Wii chipped/modded?

aural said:

if you say so

Back