Wii evening with 6 consoles

Brawny said:
For The Love Of All That Is Holy, Sports Doesn't Use The Sensor Bar.

Then how does it work? I'm not being argumentative, I really just don't know. I'm curious to find out. :)

Scuba Kid said:
Then how does it work? I'm not being argumentative, I really just don't know. I'm curious to find out. :)

Gather round young sirs, and you shall know. :lol:

Nahh, there's "accelerometers" in the wii remote. All they do is sense motion. :yesnod:

These are used exclusively in Sports. Don't let those people trick you into thinking boxing uses the sensor bar. Go check it out, play sports without the bar. Works just fine.

but to maneuver around the menu to get to wii sports, the sensor needs to be somewhat closed off in a section of its own or else the pointer will be flickering and jumping all over the place. the bluetooth is another story, as long as you hit the red sync button on the console, then on the wiimote you want to use with the console, your fine. they dont get mixed up if you do it one by one, console by console. think about it. it can be done(carnival cruise ships have multiple wii's in their game room)

but more than 7 remotes at a time?

And the Guitar Hero update allows THAT analog stick to be used. XD

And of course the classic controller.

Jay588 said:
but to maneuver around the menu to get to wii sports, the sensor needs to be somewhat closed off in a section of its own or else the pointer will be flickering and jumping all over the place. the bluetooth is another story, as long as you hit the red sync button on the console, then on the wiimote you want to use with the console, your fine. they dont get mixed up if you do it one by one, console by console. think about it. it can be done(carnival cruise ships have multiple wii's in their game room)
THERE ARE NOT ENOUGH BLUETOOTH CHANNELS!!!

FRuMMaGe said:
THERE ARE NOT ENOUGH BLUETOOTH CHANNELS!!!

A BlueTooth master can be paired with up to 7 bluetooth devices. However multiple masters can each communicate with their own paired 7 devices in close proximity with each other without interfering. So you should be able to have multiple Wii consoles each with 4 remotes all within the same room and not run into problems.

i think you lot have jumped away from the point of this topic...

on-topic

look just have the the s.bars away from each other and you should be fine

and thats the end of that so say the leader...me! lol

Brawny said:
Did we not say enough times that it's not the sensor bar.

I wish I had a ban hammer right now.
I wish he could read the previous posts and see that we were in fact ON TOPIC

i would probably just recommend turning on 1 wii at a time an syncing remotes to that one, then turn it off and move on to the next

Just an FYI since there is a lot of knowledge in here that is getting mixed up with with other things.

Bluetooth Channels: Technically, a BT device should have 8 Channels, 1 for itself and 7 available for other connections. Channels allow multiple devices to connect to the same device. It in no way what so ever has any effect on other BT devices and their available channels.

A Wii has atleast 5 channels enabled, itself and 4 for Wiimotes. It is unknown if the other 3 channels are usable on the Wii.

To clearify for the OP's question:

You should have no problem with multiple Wii's in proximity of each other and Wiimotes.

When a BT device connects to another BT device, it does so linking to its MAC address. Every BT device has one, assuming its regulated properly and to code, there should not be any MAC address duplicates between Wiimotes.

There should be no issue connecting Wiimotes to the different Wii's as long as it is initially done in order (power on 1 machine, connect 4 Wiimotes, power on machine 2, etc).

You will probably run into problems if someone powers off more then 1 Wii at a time. Also if one Wii does not have 4 Wiimotes, and another machine is powered off, those Wiimotes might possibly attempt to connect to the Wii with an available connections.

In the end, if you can get together 5 other Wii's in addition to your own, surely you can get a 2nd Wii to atleast test what i stated before the event.

-Pnuts

djmontano said:
I'm trying to raise a bit of money for the school I work in. I'm thinking about a Wii bowling / boxing / tennis evening for the staff /students.

Looking to get six consoles with projectors (big screen gaming!) and make a tournament of it (staff v students etc, etc) in our school hall.

My question is: -
Can I have six consoles close to one another (will the remotes interfere with the other consoles?)

Thank you for your time

Dave
No i do not think they should interfear since each wii sensor bar is hooked to a certain wii and you will sync certain remotes to certain wii's so remember to keep the wiimotes organized or you'll end up trying to find out which of the six consoles the wii mote belongs too.

sounds like a great idea, will work as long as the sensors are distanced from each other.

I had two wii's in the same room before... it was a pain in the ass trying to sync the wii motes in -.-

Back