Wii Failure

allishma

WiiChat Member
Dec 25, 2007
Alright, so it's Christmas Day. My brother had been wanting a Wii since it came out last year, and this year my aunt's parents found one down in Florida, sent it up here, and we gave it to my brother. Once we all opened our presents (me, my mom, dad, and brother), we took it out of the box and just hooked it up (hey, after years of hooking up and disconnecting consoles, it's pretty much automatic). We made my family Miis, went to leave the channel, and then while it loading the menu page, it just went black. We've disconnected, reconnected, and did it the way Nintendo.com told us to do it, and the way the manual said to do it, but no matter what, it just won't work. Should we just send it back to Nintendo to get it fixed, or does anyone else have any idea on what we could try to get it to work?

Your best bet is to call Nintendo support and tell them about your problem. They'll walk you through some trouble-shooting, and if you don't have any luck you'll be covered by the 1 year warranty and they'll fix it or give you a brand new one. Their customer support is great, so don't worry about having to deal with them. I just recently had to send mine back to get the disk-drive replaced, and even though i was outside the warranty they still covered the costs and got it back almost a week earlier than I was expecting it.

Back