Wii Fit: Not Actually Intended To Make You Fit

Backwards Man said:
So the jogging in Wii Fit is not an alternative to jogging??
It looks exactly the same except you arn't going anywhere...

Like I said you'll lose calories no doubt. but you're bound to lose a lot more if you're sweating on a real track. They conducted a study somewhere(don't remember where) and compared Wii Tennis to real tennis. They found that the people who played real tennis as apposed to Wii Tennis burned WAAY more calories... My response was: DUH!!

I seen this one pic where a guy was doing push ups on the wii board. Almost everyone does push ups indoors, so I have to say there's no gimick there.

No, this is just a stupid excuse for the consumer.

You honestly think that Nintendo was trying to come up with the best name to scheme the consumer with? WiiFit is catchy, that is the only reason its named the way it is, end of story.

There are exercise activities in WiiFit. The commercials portray these activities. HOW IS THAT MISLEADING? They aren't showing a guy running a marathon with his WiiFit, or benching 4 pps with this game.

Neither this game, nor its advertising techniques are misleading. You sir, are just trolling, like always.

Atomheart said:
Moral of the story: Don't advertise and market a product as something that it is not.

1. so wii:fit isnt a game because thats what there advertising.

2. and if people looked at titles and thoghut what games are about there just stupid

and people know about wii fit when its closer to realese date it will get advertised on T.V.

None of our opinions matter sales wise. Regardless Wii Fit will sell like crazy in fat America!!!

jimbo said:
1. so wii:fit isnt a game because thats what there advertising.

2. and if people looked at titles and thoghut what games are about there just stupid

and people know about wii fit when its closer to realese date it will get advertised on T.V.
That is why I didn't buy metroid.

LevesqueIsKing said:
No, this is just a stupid excuse for the consumer.

You honestly think that Nintendo was trying to come up with the best name to scheme the consumer with? WiiFit is catchy, that is the only reason its named the way it is, end of story.

There are exercise activities in WiiFit. The commercials portray these activities. HOW IS THAT MISLEADING? They aren't showing a guy running a marathon with his WiiFit, or benching 4 pps with this game.

Neither this game, nor its advertising techniques are misleading. You sir, are just trolling, like always.

You're avoiding my question: How am I trolling? What is your definition of trolling? You have no idea.

I would call going onto a Nintendo-based forum and blatantly and aggresively flaming Nintendo trolling, wouldn't you?

I don't really care what your opinion of Nintendo is, but common sense says that this isn't the best place to express those negative feelings.

Last edited:
LevesqueIsKing said:
I would call going onto a Nintendo-based forum and blatantly and aggresively flaming Nintendo trolling, wouldn't you?

I don't really care what your opinion of Nintendo is, but common sense says that this isn't the best place to express those negative feelings.

So we're only allowed to state dripping, Nintendo fanboy drivel when posting about Nintendo? There's no room for negative facts about Nintendo. I realize that Nintendo has always been a tad unscrupulous, but I never thought they'd engender fascism in their fan(boys).

And now you're insulting a member.

What makes you think you're so special?

Caliko said:
Like I said you'll lose calories no doubt. but you're bound to lose a lot more if you're sweating on a real track. They conducted a study somewhere(don't remember where) and compared Wii Tennis to real tennis. They found that the people who played real tennis as apposed to Wii Tennis burned WAAY more calories... My response was: DUH!!

I seen this one pic where a guy was doing push ups on the wii board. Almost everyone does push ups indoors, so I have to say there's no gimick there.

Well I can see that..you do actuallly have to run around for real Tennis. But I am sure their will be a storey on Wii Fit in the near future of how a guy lost 100 pounds using Wii Fit. If you use the jogging and do it for 30 minutes everyday...for sure you are going to lose weight. What it won't do is build alot of muscle...it will tone up, but if you think you will have rock hard mucular frame using this you are delusional.
Hey.. they should make a free weight attachment for the Wii mote and have a weight lifting game!

Back