Wii Freeze with a beep...wtf is it really? Besides the best part of the game???

D34dM4N

How to kill a Deadman
Oct 28, 2011
Six feet down; underneath grass
Wii Online Code
1111-1111-1111-1111
So I've been playing Goldeneye for almost a year now. I'd say in the first six months, My console never froze up while playing GE, but after that I went through a onslaught of these events. But now for the last month or so, I'd say most of December, I had only maybe two freezes. I had one today though, and as usual it happened as soon as the match was over. Which seems to be where it always happens. Only once ,maybe twice has it happened, in the entire time I've been playing in the middle of a game.
Now when I look online for causes and solutions I get,"You're Wii is overheating"(no, it's not that, today for example was the first match I played), or change a connection in your settings, blah blah, B.S.
So what I'm wondering, is this a hack that cry babies use to not "mess up their scores" kinda crap when they are losing? Why would it matter anyway, all the leaderboards are hacked to s#!t anyway? Is it some kinda rage quit to keep everyone as unskilled and pissed off as you are?
I hear people complaining about this freezing and beeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeep all the time. So I know its not an uncommon thing.
How often does it happen to you?
And if you are a GEhacker why are you doing this?

*I guess it's bring on the trolls....
oh my, I cant' wait.

My GE froze twice in a day earlier this week. Both times i was using grenadelauncher in Archives TC. Don't know what caused it as i have had the game less than a week now, but before and after this my Wii has worked normally.

My GE froze twice in a day earlier this week. Both times i was using grenadelauncher in Archives TC. Don't know what caused it as i have had the game less than a week now, but before and after this my Wii has worked normally.

I think the grenade launcher would provoke some to do it if they could.

Are there any other games you play that do the same thing to your wii?

I think the grenade launcher would provoke some to do it if they could.

Are there any other games you play that do the same thing to your wii?
So far played only Mario Kart, Zelda and GoldenEye and this is the only game which has done this. Altho my session lenght has been way longer with GE than other games. I've only had Wii for 2-3 weeks now...

Actually i noticed it happens around certain events:
-Getting 1000xp
-game ending
-player joining
-lots of explosions

stuff like that. Basically when your wii needs to do alot of work.

It's happened to me 3 times in Mario kart with the beep, once in GE, and 2 more times in GE without the beep.

Once in a while, I get that freeze n' buzz if the host quits at the exact moment that the end of game scoreboard shows up. I think it has to do with the host wii failing to send a necessary "continue game" packet to the other game systems. The one that I really get annoyed with is the failure at "attempting to connect"...I feel like I need to have a party when it goes through to "testing connection" the first time! LOL

Just be glad you guys never got a disc read error pop up at the end of your game.

That's one thing I worry about with Wii Goldeneye...you can't move or save your profile on another Wii or memory card (at least not legally that I know of). If my Wii were to die, I don't know if I would have the heart to start again from scratch and re-earn all that xp over again!

Come to think of it - is there a way to back up my profile separate from the Wii hard drive, you know, in case the unthinkable would happen???

I don't know of a way to save your online games memory separate from the Wii, but some repair companies can fix it without any memory loss.

i sent my wii off to nintendo for repairs when my disk drive went out, and had no problems with memory. everything was there.
if you check out the wiibrew and homebrew stuff you see that there is a lot of tricks to screw regular joe-schmo's. for just a decent game.
i havent searched too much for collapsing a game or anything, but the god modes and infinite ammo/reload/mines sutff is there, andive been put into those games, so i would think that someone has written a code to screw people when they feel like it, also with other games.
but i am willing to think that it has something to do with data packets and host quits at the percise time, but at the same time shouldnt that be a problem that activision/nintendos servers would get complaints about regularly.
and if so why arent they doing anything about it?

My also seems to freeze when I'm kicking a lot of butt again and again and again sometimes right off the start. Make me do this to my head:mad2:

Nope, this isn't bullshit hackery or anything. It's a problem with the Wii's coding; it's just like a blue screen of death for your PC, a hiccup caused by some bad information being processed. Anything that's a complicated piece of technology does it; the PSP and DS do it, my 360 does it, and my Wii certainly used to do it occasionally when playing Brawl.

So yeah, this freeze and obnoxious beep is when a game's herpaderp programming (if any) is read, or when your Wii ****ing up, plain and simple. Far as I know, nothing can prevent this unfortunately. =/

I've found when my Wii freezes, for some reason, the batteries in my Wii-mote die. I need to replace them, or at the very least, one of them.

I have had this happen to me with friends where all of our wiis froze at the same time. Anybody have an explanation to this?

Last edited:
Back