wii games for 5 yrs old...

dat27

WiiChat Member
Feb 23, 2008
I recently bought wii for my 5yrs old nephew i also bought Carninval games.
She loves the carnival games.
Would you recommand any other games for 5 yrs old?

My girlfriend's six-year-old niece loved WarioWare: Smooth Moves. Controls are easy to understand, games are easy to play, and a lot of fun.

Don't get them any Wii games. Start them off with Super Mario Bros. and watch the frustration they have, the same kind I had when I was that age. Start them with the NES, then the SNES, and then the N64. They'll appreciate video games more!

"Wii Play" is definitely a good recommendation. You can usually find it used if you don't want (or need) to buy the extra Wiimote with it.

Other games I can think of:
-Game Party
-Mario Party 8
-Playground
-Namco Museum Remix

There are also games like "Endless Ocean" and "Mario and Sonic at the Olympic Games" that would seem appropriate for someone younger, but I have never played them and I don't know if the controls are too complex for someone that young or not. Perhaps someone else could reply.

There are also games based on movies for young children such as "Arctic Tale", "Cars", "Open Season" etc. If your nephew liked any of these movies, you might check out these games as well.

We rented "Mario and Sonic at the Olympic Games" and the controls were a bit tricky for the adults, much less our 5-year-old. She tried a couple events, but got frustrated and wanted to switch games. She might have gotten better if she'd continued playing and gotten practice at it, but she was going through one of her "not very patient" modes. :lol:

We also have "Cars Mater-Nationals" and again, the controls are tricky for the younger kids.

My 5-year-old plays Wii Sports, Wii Play, and Carnival Games. She's quite good at several of the games on each disc...easily beating my husband and me.

super mario galaxy, im surprised no one has mentioned this one

also i suggest starting them on some of the virtual console games...my 5 yr old newphew loves playing smb (he calls it: THE FIRST MARIO EVER!) and then struggling to play galaxy as i help and he does alot of the basics, lol

he says he cant wait till he is bigger and can play it all alone, haha

Thanks to every one... Today i picked Wii Play and EA Playground in TRU buy 1 get 1$20 OFF deal.

My 4 yr old has mastered both wii sports and wii play with multiple platinum medals and pro status, but I guess that is really unusual. I would suggest carnival games, it seemed to be very kid friendly and she was able to play all of the games very easily. Big brain academy might be a little tough.

Back