Wii Gaming for Amputees?

Remmy12

WiiChat Member
Feb 6, 2011
Hey everyone! I'm new to the forum, and thought I'd ask a question for the more knowledgeable Wii gamers out there...

One of the things I like the most of the Wii is its interactive nature: the motion controls and use of both hands independently sets it apart. Unfortunately, though, this makes it a problem for some people to play. My GF was born with only one hand (her left hand is a stump), so Wii games are difficult for her. She can use traditional gamepads just fine, but she can't hold the nunchuk.

My question to the forum is this: are there any good Wii games that require only the main controller/are ideal for one-handed people? So far I've found New Super Mario Bros, Excite Truck, the Wii Sports/Play series and Super Paper Mario... can anyone recommend any others?

Thanks!

had questions like this before:

dragon quest swords: one hand, not the best game. look up first.

wii sports resort: more than 50% playable with one hand.

wii play: as above

wii fit and shawn white snowboarding: requires wii fit, but using legs would be nice.

vc/wiiware games: many titles do not require much hand skills, final fantasy 1 waits for commands, for example.

and i'm proud of you for having such a girlfriend, most people wouldn't see past her disability. cheers!

Back