Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Wii Gaming for Amputees?

Discussion in 'Nintendo Wii Gaming' started by Remmy12, Feb 7, 2011.

1. Remmy12

Remmy12 WiiChat Member

Hey everyone! I'm new to the forum, and thought I'd ask a question for the more knowledgeable Wii gamers out there...

One of the things I like the most of the Wii is its interactive nature: the motion controls and use of both hands independently sets it apart. Unfortunately, though, this makes it a problem for some people to play. My GF was born with only one hand (her left hand is a stump), so Wii games are difficult for her. She can use traditional gamepads just fine, but she can't hold the nunchuk.

My question to the forum is this: are there any good Wii games that require only the main controller/are ideal for one-handed people? So far I've found New Super Mario Bros, Excite Truck, the Wii Sports/Play series and Super Paper Mario... can anyone recommend any others?

Thanks!

2. skidmarx

skidmarx semi-pro thumb jockey

Wii Friend Code: 5556-6677-7123-4567
    5556-6677-7123-4567
    had questions like this before:

dragon quest swords: one hand, not the best game. look up first.

wii sports resort: more than 50% playable with one hand.

wii play: as above

wii fit and shawn white snowboarding: requires wii fit, but using legs would be nice.

vc/wiiware games: many titles do not require much hand skills, final fantasy 1 waits for commands, for example.

and i'm proud of you for having such a girlfriend, most people wouldn't see past her disability. cheers!