Wii having production issues?

!panic said:
Okay just read what i0ns said. ITS A TRANSLATION. That means that whoever translated it made some mistakes. Thats all. Its not because theres some errors that its fake, or ''wrong''.
Im pretty sure theres some problem with the controls. I mean, thats kind of normal with a new technology like this. And as for the one at E3, I believe they were more cautious when they made them, now they are making tons of consoles to be shipped so they have less time to make sure every single controller are perfect.
Even so, it's not likely that someone can read Chinese but can't use a spell checker... Which means it's had the Chinese whispers effect (ironically), and anything and everything could have been exagerated or mistranslated.

The fact of the matter, is that the Wii isn't using "new technology", it's using a combination of older technologies. Besides, as I stated before, it sounds like a problem with the manufacturing, rather than the technology itself.

My money is firmly on this being false.

Squall7 said:
Even so, it's not likely that someone can read Chinese but can't use a spell checker... Which means it's had the Chinese whispers effect (ironically), and anything and everything could have been exagerated or mistranslated.

The fact of the matter, is that the Wii isn't using "new technology", it's using a combination of older technologies. Besides, as I stated before, it sounds like a problem with the manufacturing, rather than the technology itself.

My money is firmly on this being false.

Maybe that THIS article is false, but im pretty sure they do have some problems. Maybe its not the controller but with the console itself or w/e. Oh and yeah, by new technology I meant that it was the first time such technology were put together and used this way... for exemple ; its not like if they were making a DVD player, something that have been made before. Thats what I meant by ''new'' technology.

I bet that is fake mostly, but I think that the controller might be a little fragile.
And what Ezekiel86 said isn't completely true about the gamecube controller, believe me I know.I don't think they actaully are having problems though.

!panic said:
Maybe that THIS article is false, but im pretty sure they do have some problems. Maybe its not the controller but with the console itself or w/e. Oh and yeah, by new technology I meant that it was the first time such technology were put together and used this way... for exemple ; its not like if they were making a DVD player, something that have been made before. Thats what I meant by ''new'' technology.
What makes you so sure that they are experiencing problems? Shouldn't we assume everything is on target until we get confirmation that something is wrong (and by confirmation, I mean a legitimate source rather than rumour)? I see what you're saying on the technology fron though, though don't necessarily agree that its any more problematic (and I don't particularly want to get into a debate about it, so I'll leave it at that).

no squall we shouldnt, by the way i assume your gay since you havent confirmed that you were/werent theres always 2 or more ways to asume

I don't know if i beleave this ign hasn't said anything and i'm sure that nintendo would have done all this testing before beginning production of the wii and the production began months ago

Sovieto said:
no squall we shouldnt, by the way i assume your gay since you havent confirmed that you were/werent theres always 2 or more ways to asume
:scared: What? You did read what I said didn't you?
Squall7 said:
Shouldn't we assume everything is on target until we get confirmation that something is wrong (and by confirmation, I mean a legitimate source rather than rumour)?
Meaning we should only assume something is wrong if we are officially (or legitimately) told so.

And what's up with trying to pick a fight? Wouldn't it be equally valid to assume that I'm heterosexual? And I'm thinking, "why are you wondering about my sexuality?"

Oh, and by the way, "your" means possession. The one you wanted is "You're", short for "You are".

uh huh, i know about the your things but dont bother to do them online and not trying to pick a fight, but what you said can go both ways, and im saying what you said is that we should asume stuff until prooven wrong/right which isnt something really good to do..

Sovieto said:
uh huh, i know about the your things but dont bother to do them online
Are you drunk? I can't understand what you're saying...

and not trying to pick a fight, but what you said can go both ways, and im saying what you said is that we should asume stuff until prooven wrong/right which isnt something really good to do..
What I said was that we shouldn't assume something is going to go wrong unless we have reason to believe it (like news from a legitimate party). Should we assume somethings going to go wrong without any evidence? If that were the case, then someone better tell Nasa before they stick anymore astronauts in space - since we assume it'll go wrong...:scared:

Arcadium said:
For me is something created by Sony.... as Sovieto said.
Ah, but that IS based on evidence - the fact that the PS2's first batch is why something is expected. This could be another reason to believe it, but fact of the matter is, is that Nintendo has a history of producing quality hardware - even 20 years on (NES' still work). The PS2 was often written-off because of lenses failing.

PS2 failure rate: around 30% over a couple years
PS2 Slim failure rate: over 50% any period of its age

yah no clue what that had to do with anything but i feel its important...kinda

Sovieto said:
PS2 failure rate: around 30% over a couple years
PS2 Slim failure rate: over 50% any period of its age

yah no clue what that had to do with anything but i feel its important...kinda

Yes, the slim ps2 was a great accident..

JCpackers05 said:
well this is a possibility that they are having troubles because the Wii is such a new product....design and everything that they can be hitting problems they've never seen before......so who knows

whats new about it? its plastic casing electronics. the only thing new is the motion sensor, and that technology is not new. i highly doubt that nintendo is having trouble, much less going to release late OR release a crappy product

production for the Wii was started back in July, if they have been making units since then and are just now noticing that there are problems with manufacturing, I highly doubt it, this is probably some Wii hater mad that the PS3 is getting bad PR and trying to get more clicks on their website, just like everyone who doesn't hate the Wii posts some type of release date rumor, why? Of course to get more clicks on their site so they can make more money on advertising, this rumor sounds like 1% truth, the Wii is in production, and 99% false, we would have heard something by now and the E3 controllers didn't have this problem, and also there is going to be calibration for each controller just like normal controllers have calibration, there will be slight differences in every electronic design and manufacturers have measures for those differences through software.

Back